Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade cabinet ?

Options
  • 26-04-2002 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where i could buy an arcade machine ... the whole shabang ie: cabinet, screen, coin slot

Id love Street Fighter 2 , I nearly got my hands on one a few months back for 300 quid but due to some unexpected bills i had to pass up the offer ... D'oh !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Go into Qwerkies on o'connell street and ask to talk to the manager, tell him what you want, roughly.
    He'll let you talk to one of the techies who'll see if they have it (i know they do so if he says they don't hes just being lazy)

The manager (giant bloke) will pass it on to the office guys and they'll more than likely call you with a price... i went thru all this before but their price was not to my liking.
    They literally have about 50 cabinets gathering dust out the back with various boards in them. What you want is a jamma harnessed board, as all the street fighters that are worth anything run on it, they'll more than likely have SF something or other there too.

As a rough figure, they wanted 150 for a neo geo 2 slot, just the hardware, no cabinet/sticks/power supply... and thats VERY expensive.
    I can't imagine what they'd want for a full cabinet but have your cash in large amounts!

ps. check the machine running and stuff cos alot of the machines have knackered sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

If you do get a cabinet - give me a call - I have Street Fighter II Turbo and Champ Edit jamma boards. 45 euro each ono. I have some jamma cabs also which I'll be selling too. It's easy to replace joysticks or any parts for that matter...

btw, why not stick a pc into a cab and run mame32?
    Good luck.
    Aidan.
    http://www.vaps.org/members/irl/quinliva@gofree.indigo.ie.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pienerschnitzel

why dont you build your own, thats me and my friend are doing
    it requires time but you save a lot of money in the long run.

Advertisement