Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite 80's cartoon ???

Options
  • 26-04-2002 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Do you know what a snarf is ? Or who saw boss was ???

Well then your probably like me and loved 80's cartoons , way better than all that pokemon crap

heres the sad part im 23 and have the following ...

Complete series of Ulysses 31
    Complete series of MASK
    Complete series of Thundercats
    Complete series of Willy Fog
    Complete series of Pole Position
    Complete series of Trap Door
    Complete series of Dogtanion
    Complete series of Cities of Gold

And a few random eps of things like He-Man, Jayce and thw WW

Got them all on CD ages ago , have no idea why i dont even watch them , i just like the fact that i have them !

Watched them once and put them away, must be about 50 cd's

So what was your favourite ???-

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

"Complete series of Ulysses 31"

you complete and utter bastard

dogtanian rocks too :),, spiderman was prob the one I watched most, although that wasn't an 80#s one was it?. 70's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

no transformers in your list? shocking :E

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Jayce & the Wheel Warriors - I loved it so much :]

But OMG I hated Ulysses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Spiderman and his amzing friends was 80's ...about 83/84

The silver surfer in that ruled !!

Spiderman and his amzing friends was 80's ...about 83/84

The silver surfer in that ruled !!

Ulysses is great though, I have all 26 episodes and looking at it now , you can really see it was a bit ahead of its time and probably not really a "kids" cartoon ..some excellent animation and some genuine freaky stories that would scare the livin bejesus out of some kids ..not me though ..well 'ard grrrrr

• Advertisement

ooops sorry i left that out , i have generation one of Transformers !

Pole position is probably the rarest and hardest to find ... do you remember that ? Only 15 epsiodes made

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

probably Transformers and Ulysses are my two favs from the 80's.

the new transformers has too much comedy....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

as the subject says, here is a list of 80's cartoons..... just got them of the net......

ahhhh, the memories :)

Alvin & The Chipmunks
    Biskitts, The
    Blackstar
    BraveStarr
    Captain Caveman
    Captain N - The Game Master
    Care Bears
    Chats and Forums
    Count Duckula
    Danger Mouse
    Dr. Snuggles
    Droids
    DuckTales
    Dungeons & Dragons
    Ewoks
    Fat Albert & The Cosby Kids
    Galaxy High
    Galaxy Rangers
    Garfield & Friends
    Ghostbusters - Filmation
    GI Joe
    GoBots
    Gummi Bears
    He-Man & The Masters of the Universe
    Hello Kitty
    Inspector Gadget
    Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors
    Jem
    Jetsons, The
    Kidd Video
    Lazer Tag Academy
    Macross
    Muppet Babies
    My Little Pony
    Mysterious Cities of Gold
    Pac-Man
    Pole Position
    Pup Named Scooby-Doo, A
    Rainbow Brite
    Real Ghostbusters, The
    Robotech
    Scooby-Doo
    She-Ra Princess of Power
    Slimer & The Real Ghostbusters
    Smurfs, The
    Snorks, The
    Star Blazers
    Superfriends
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Thundarr The Barbarian
    Thundercats
    Transformers
    Voltron
    Wildfire
    Winnie The Pooh
    Wuzzles

Yes they made it home in the last episode , He finds the kingom of Haedes and is willing to sacrifice himself so the Gods let him go home ..i think thats how it ended , i was drunk when i watched it!

Personally i think the theme tunes to the 80's cartoons where almost as good if not better than the actual cartoons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

Wheres SuperTed?

• Advertisement

*shouting..Capppptainnnn Caaaaaavemannnnn..shouting*

There was a brilliant cartoon made in the 70's I think called "wait till your Father gets home..." just brilliant:)
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

most of this wsa discussed the other day about people who grew up in the 80s.. anyway www.80snostalgia.com for all your cartoon needs and you can download theme tunes etc too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Where can I find Jayce & the WW on the 'net?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

transformers was the greatest, no contest, it spawned a motion picture ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Originally posted by Rabies
    Care Bears

Urge...to..kill

Transformers, now that's a cartoon. Surprisingly enough :). The best anyhoos

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

dungeons and dragons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

transformers was the greatest, no contest, it spawned a motion picture ffs
    well so did the care bears, 2 or 3 in fact so its hardly a sign of quality. Although i do remember enjoying the care bear movies :)

All time favourite is jaime and his magic torch, which i have just ordered off amazon this hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Hong Kong Phooey
    Batfink (My WINGS are like a SHIELD of STEEL!)
    Joe Jitsu (Joe Jitsu calling Dick Tracy, come in Dick Tracy)
    Mr. Magoo
    G-Force

I could probably think of loads more if i drifted any further into nostalgia which I am not about to do right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Its got to be MASK. No doubt about it. The toys were top class, everybody wanted SnakeOil, and all the others. My first MASK toy was Condor, the green bike/helicopter, it was driven my Bard Turner, and I was chuffed because I was allowed bring it to Mass on Christmas Day. They were the good old days alright *tear*, anyway the toys were weak as **** and used to break easily. oh well, all in the past eh?
    Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors was quite good but for me nothing touched the genius of MASK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I had SnakeOil (is that what it was called?) It was cool because it had these rubber tip missiles that really could hurt if fired at closed range! Ah my little brother was so naive in those days! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Well it was a big fúck-off black lorry anyway, I think it was called SnakeOil. Or at least that was what was written on the side. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

JEM, truly outrageous, truly truly truly outrageous!!!

does anyone remember this?? Jerrica by day, Jem by night with the help of Synergy!!! And the magic Earrings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Lister

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors aws the best.

Don't forget "Speed Racer" and Catch the Pigeon ( the Wacky Race's spin off).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

There were a whole load of ****e cartoons in the 80'sc as well though... I kind of preferred the stuff like Dangermouse to the serious stuff like Cities of Gold. I always hated Inspector Gadget with a Passion. Other studd like D&D was extremely average.

I think Pokémon isn't bad... its certainly better than some of the ****e like Dogtanion and Around the World which only had a 1 or 2 series and I could recite be heart I'd seem them so often. Pokemon actually has some quite adult humour from Brock(sp?) now and then.. I think Team Rocket are actually very entertaining - ever see the one where their selling hotdogs because they decide it makes more money than pokemon poaching? That was very amusing. I think Pokemons fine myself - it gets a bad rap because of the merchandising overkill (as if He Man and Thunderctas were'nt guildty of that in their day :-))

Ah but Ulysses only had one series ! Do you think that was crap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

My favs were:

Transformers
    Mask
    Robotech
    Ulysses31
    Thundersub
    Gi-Joe

I must say that Ulysses31 was well ahead of its time.

However .. THE most astounding cartoon of the 80s was (and still is) Robotech. It went through three generations, with FULL character developments. You actually felt for the characters when they got hurt/killed/etc.

Like the time one of the (then) major characters gets killed. You hear him screaming over the jet-fighter com-net as his plane disintegrates in a massive explosion, then you see one of the others (Max - the fighter ace) making the sign of the cross. Gripping stuff.

Oh, and Bateman - you're right. It's "SnakeOil" - a BIGGG black oil tanker truck. I have it myself somewhere at home :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Just wondering does anyone know where we can episodes from such classics as

Transformers
    He-man
    and so on and so forth?

Ghostbusters from the 80's with that flucking freaky Sandman - that was a freaky villian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Mmh, I don't know.

I remember thinking Transformers was great, but looking back on it now it seems kind of dull. I'm still amazed at what ingenious marketing it was.

Spiderman and Friends was a great laugh, as was Thundercats (it had, in my opinion, the BEST theme tune ever). And DANGER MOUSE WAS FANTASTIC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

logo.gif

and the spinoff from this guy

duckula.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Duckula was the best

any one remember Victor and Hugo Bundlers in Crime (1992) they stole Count Duckulas house at one stage.

Or is it Hugo and Victor?

Advertisement