Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some combinatorics

Options
  • 26-04-2002 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

here is what i'm studying atm, if anyone wants to guide me through any of these {esp the last question} i't woudl make me happy , and feel not too bad about heading out tonight.

i]they are not homework or anything[/i

How many ways are there to distribute 20 different toys among 5 children , with
    * no restrictions
    * 2 kids get 7 book and 3 kids get 2
    * each kid gets 4 toys

A man has n friends and inviets a different subset of 4 of these to his house every night of the week , how many friends must he have to make this possible.

how many bit strings of length 21 , with 17 0's and 4 1's and every 1 followed by a zero , can be made

if there are n points on the circumference of a circle and all the straight lines connecting them are joined. what is the largest number of points of intersection of these lines inside the circle that can be obtained .
    :confused:

Advertisement