Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Instruments

Options
  • 25-04-2002 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this situation before...

I was burgled some time back, my Gibson studio Les Paul was nabbed from my house. I was gutted, totally gutted. I figured that I should try and get it back (OK, first I tried the Gardai... no comment). I then went to all the music shops in Dublin, 2nd hand or not, whatever. I went to them and explained my situation... "My guitar has been nabbed, it is a burgundy Les Paul etc etc, if you get anyone trying to sell you it, please give me a call etc."

In retrospect this was the dumbest thing I could have done as I simply alerted the dodgy dealers out there to the prescence of a cool guitar on the market. I think I should have simply played quiet and kept looking around the shops, if I saw mine and could prove it to the Gards then I could get it back.

But... what would you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

It's tough. There honestly isn't alot you can do...except insurance.

For example, there are only 50 Gibson Les Paul Slash signature models in the world, 3 of which Slash himself owns. with the serial numbers being 01, 02 and 03.
    He had 01, 02 and a Guild Doubleneck stolen from his home.

And despite their rarity, they still haven't been found. It's a bit hard to find these things unless they try to sell them publically

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Jesus that sucks..if my geetar was taken Id freak out and murder anyone who i suspected..

Anways I have taken pics of my guitar didgital ones and normal I noted the serial number too,so i figure i anything does go wrong..i contact the music shops email them a pic and the serial number..so they can keep an eye out for it..offer a cash reward etc.
    Also if your guitar was worth a fair bit..mines worth abnout 1800 quid get it insured..like was it not covered under your household insurance..? Like the pics would help too crime line would prolly show it..Id keep an eye in the Buy N Sell too,and if you track it down put a cash deposit on it call back with a few friends and rip the ****ers lungs out through his asshole,not only will you have your guitar back but you'll feel all the better for teaching the ****er a lesson ;)

nem

Advertisement