Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Letter

Options
  • 23-04-2002 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭

I got a 'nice' letter from NTL today saying they are going to disconnect my service if they have not already done so because of arrears which is strange because I don't have any arrears. I pay my bills as soon as they come in and my most recent bill which is already paid shows no arrears. Im going to ring them tomorrow, I tried today and got sick of holding and I might just tell them since they suggested it thay can go ahead and disconnect since I have Sky anyway.
    Not a very good show from a company that should be doing it's best to retain customers in light there channel line up being mostly available on Sky.
    I would hate to see NTL go under because lack of competition is bad for the consumer but there going the right way about it.

Cheers
    Redshift

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

To be honest, what is the point in posting this when you have no idea why you got the mail from ntl.

perhaps your payment never actually hit your account, or it did and the letter was already in the post.

I think the best thing that you can do is contact ntl to find out what happened before posting on the boards i may be wrong here but i think that is the best way to go as you are making a problem when to be honest there may not even be one.

did it even cross your mind that maybe you did forget to pay the bill or you paid your eircom bill twice for example.

As for getting it disconnected - well then why bother ringing ntl they will do it automaticall for you and save you a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Jessica this is not the first time they have done things like this.. the disconnected me even though they KNEW we had paid the bill and admitted we had paid before the cut off date and yet they REFUSED to reconnect us for free!!! they said we had to pay a reconnect fee?? spanners.. there is another guy on the boards just moved into an apartment and wanted to set get NTL and discovers they have sent HIM a letter looking for arrears money when he has not even been a customer of theirs yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Jessica don't be so harsh. This is an open forum. No one forced you to read this posting. I know for a fast that NTL have admitted a Database error, sending out aarrears notices to alot of their customers within the last week. The problem was with NTL.

Nice one Patrick this is a PERFECT example of why posting this on the boards was not only his right but a very good idea.. he now has a fair idea as to the cause and since NTL's customer service sux he does not have to fret contacting them.. he can do it at his leisure now! Another satisfied boards poster i would imagine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

gods aren't we all biting today - I do know that it is his right to post here as it is mine as it is my right to read and reply to the post. but maybe i said in the wrong manner, Ntl are not perfect believe me i know that. but what i am saying is that maybe he is jumping the gun alittle maybe ntl will turn around and say you know what don't worry about that letter it is was sent in error but he has to give ntl a chance to defend themselves what little they can before he accuses them in the wrong. i just think he should call them first and see what they have to say for themselves, before posting. Sorry if my opinion upsets or annoys you .. but it is my opinion. and as rightly stated we all the right to read and reply here .

as for redshift being disconnected and how to go about it - well wouldn't that be the sensible way at least then he doesn't have to get in touch with the customer service department then. i agree the customer service is not the best but it is nothing to do with the folks on the phones and everything to do with management. (cg agree ?)

saruman from another thread i believe your problem happened years ago as in the cable link days not ntl. ok so more or less the same thing but no offence here but why did you pay the reconnection fee if they admitted they were wrong . I am sorry i may be naive but surely if they were in the wrong you should not have paid the reconneciton fee. their mistake not yours.

• Advertisement

I agree Jessica, should not have paid it but they would not relent on it even on the threat of legal action and all the while we had no TV stations so we just paid them in the end after a couple of weeks! Does not matter.. got our own back be activating connections around the house and not paying them for it mwuhahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by Jessica
    To be honest, what is the point in posting this when you have no idea why you got the mail from ntl.

I thought this may have been of interest to other users in this forum especially if they also got this letter.

perhaps your payment never actually hit your account, or it did and the letter was already in the post.

I pay my bills as soon as they come in and my most recent bill shows previous bill payed and no arrears.

I think the best thing that you can do is contact ntl to find out what happened before posting on the boards i may be wrong here but i think that is the best way to go as you are making a problem when to be honest there may not even be one.

I think there is a problem when they send out unpleasant notices for no reason, Do NTL report to the Irish credit bureau? Because a database problem like that could get alot of people blacklisted for credit if they do.

did it even cross your mind that maybe you did forget to pay the bill or you paid your eircom bill twice for example.

I double checked this before posting I payed well before the due date and I have the entry in my bank account to prove it.

As for getting it disconnected - well then why bother ringing ntl they will do it automaticall for you and save you a phone call.

:confused:

Thanks for your reply jessica and though I don't completely agree with you, your opinion is as valid as anybody elses and certainly didn't offend me:) :):)

Cheers
    Redshift

Originally posted by cableguy
    HANDBAGS AT DAWN HANDBAGS AT DAWN
    :D:D:D
    There does seem to be problems between accounts and disconnections,even when cablelink. Lack of communication between departments. Another side to this problem is out on the road. Disconnection crews cut the wrong cable.Big problem if you live in apartment blocks.Cables aren't tagged properly or not at all so the guy just cuts any old cable.Even come across it on normal houses where you can see exactly which house the cable is feeding. They have even come to my house twice to cut me off and a marked van sitting outside.Maybe that shows you what you're dealing with. Headless chickens spring to mind:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was talking to M8 Today about this and he told me that last summer he came home from work to find he had been disconnected and after much investigation he found it was his neighbour who should have been disconnected.
    Still took over a week for him to be Re-connected allthough he didn't pay a reconnection fee. :)

Cheers
    Ryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

More NTL amazement
    I was renting a house for 3 years and when i moved out the guys who moved in were buying my Decoder and wanted to keep the Sports package so i called NTL got everything changed over moved to my new house and got connected to the Sports package again except this time i was renting a decoder from them.
    All straight forward you would imagine but.
    Ntl sent me a bill for £200 saying i had 2 Sky Sports accounts and hadnt paid either of them .
    The old house was never changed over to the new guys (even though i rang them )
    So eventually they cut me off and wouldnt reconnect until i paid my £200 bill.
    Eventually i got through to them that i had only one account and they admitted their errors reconnected me and gave me the full Movies and Sports free for a year.
    When the year was up i was giving back the decoder (got digital) and 2 different guys came to the house for it at different times on the same day.
    Amazing isnt it ...lol it gets better
    The guy who moved into my house and bought my decoder has been there 2 years now and has never once got a bill for Sky Sports.

Kdja

I recieved another letter today from NTL stating they were soory that I had recieved the letter in error.
    Thats good enough for me :):):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement