Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE on Sky

Options
  • 21-04-2002 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Will viewers in the North be able to access RTE etc via their digibox? If not, are there any plans to launch this in the North? Or is there a way that will enable me to access these channels:rolleyes:

Should RTE be made available to viewers in the North? 37 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    91% 34 votes
    Don't care
    8% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

I'd like to have access to all the UK channels, all the US channels and any other channel I happen to want to view.

So it only makes sense that I'd like the same capability for anyone else (being such a generous person).

If folk up north want RTE etc, let them see them.

A bit of a political point here-but what happens if in my lifetime , theres a united Ireland?? will BBCNI and UTV have to close?
    At that stage RTE should definitely be on the EPG in the six counties??
    I suspect Charlies campaign thread will be very long by then though...:D
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

This would be a case against a united Ireland.... (going wayyyyyyy OT now..)

BBC Northern Ireland would broken off the BBC and become part of RTÉ. UTV would stay, but it would come under the remit of the BCI, leaving ITV, and become a nationwide channel via aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

And Channel 5 would be incorporated into TG4... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Hmmm, Keith Chegwin's bits and Ros na Rún simply don't mix...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭triple-play

I think it is more likely that UTV and TV3 would be fully taken over by ITV, with UTV becoming ITV 1 Ireland and TV3 becoming ITV 2 Ireland with ITV 1 being free-to-air and ITV 2 being a pay channel available on cable/satellite...

an interesting concept???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

RTE is available in NI now anyway so yes it should be available to them on sky digital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jimbob

Theey can have RTE in the north if we can have utv and C4 down here. i'm not really bothered about C5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

jimbob, few people in the UK care two hoots about C5, so I'm not really surprised!!!!!:D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ideally, all ROI terrestrials should be in NI and NI terrs in ROI. That way, everyone's happy:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement