Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help required on future

Options
  • 21-04-2002 2:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

HELP
    i wanna get in to radio and multi-mudia broadcasting but have no idea where to turn:
    college?
    beg local radio station for a summer job and work m way up?
    i'm in 5th year now so i've a little time to spend...
    thanx, lots
    -del

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You could go to college and do it, I'm not sure where exactly. But to be honest if that's what you really want to do you'd be best starting your way from the bottom. Get in for helping out with maybe no money.

A good mate of mine started out making tea and coffee in a recording studio. He now produces albums with percentages of the profits etc. Another mate started out the same way and is now in RTE radio.

College doesn't teach you everything to know and while you are learning the unnecessaries you could be earning the necessaries. Good luck with your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

http://www.nixers.com/detail.php?ID=20573&NXS=49

Volunteer work Experience - radio station in Ghana

tellem pablo sent ya ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

I have many thoughts on this...many..hmm I'm gonna email you instead. hang on. so why bother putting the post up? I dunno....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,313 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Enquire about: Journalism (UCD? DIT?), Multimedia (DIT? DLIADT?), Electronics (DIT and other ITs), Music (DIT, CIT).

Advertisement