Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Gaphics Card and a TV

Options
  • 20-04-2002 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I have a PC with a Geforce 3 Ti 500 G/Card.
    I have a Panasonic Quintrix 32" 100Hz Flat Screen TV

Does anyone have info on cables to connect them and can you have the monitor and TV connected at the same time.

Does the Refresh rate of the graphics card affect the 100Hz refresh on the TV?

Is there a limit to the length of the cable between PC and TV?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

As far as i know you will need to get a phono or svideo plug to connect the two of them. You should be able to get them from peats (www.peats.com ). Ask them and they will know what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

I use an ATI Radeon 64 with tv out.I'm not too sure what the connection from the card is called,maybe a RCA,but I got a kit of various connectors for about€30 and found one that fits.I plugged one end into the card,and cut the other end off,and joined it to a standard coaxial cable,and fitted the plug that I cut off to the end of it.Plugged that into a scart connector,and then into the telly.Basically,all I did was extend the lead from the card to the telly
    You'll have to do something similar if you want the sound to play thru the telly too.
    It runs for about 45 foot,so I don't think there'll be a problem if you use the coaxial.Maybe you could buy a cable to do the job,instead of having to chop chop.

Damn,forgot about the refresh rate.There's settings on the card when you have it connected to suit your choice.Only thing is,you might have to choose a refresh rate that wouldn't suit your monitor the best,but what do you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

most TVs (Good ones like Sony :D:D ) will allow you to change from 100Hz to 50Hz. you may need to do this to see it. But it would be silly if a card with a TV out would ony work with TVs running on 50Hz.

My telly is pretty old,and doesn't have the ability to change the refresh rate,but you can still see everything,except movies.You'll see the player,but nothing in the window.I have to change the refresh rate on the monitor to suit this.Looks like I might have to invest in a new telly:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement