Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl

Options
  • 16-04-2002 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi
    Can anyone help me out here?
    Am having so much trouble with NTL
    Is there any other company I can use to get cable tv?
    Briefly the problem is this:
    Moved into a new flat a few months ago, we didn't really bother with tv until just last month but -- found that NTL whom I've never been a customer with got my name from somewhere and sent me this bill for a service I didn't have.
    A million and one phone calls and emails later and I'm still back where I started: How the hell did they get my name (i know landlord and he didn't give it them) and why do they say I have to pay it AND why do I not pick up any channels even though NTL insist I should!
    Waited in for 2 days waiting for an NTL service man last week no sign of him.
    I'm beginning to think I may have to resort to violence!!!! and just march into eastpoint business park with a water pistol!
    All I want is a new account -- because I'm not paying for anything until the fuzz clears and I have a picture.
    Do they not want me as a customer of something? why can't they get it together?
    Anyone else like NTL out there -- obviously with better customer relations skills!!
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Someone gave it to them. Usually the landlord informs NTL of new residents.
    Is there any other company I can use to get cable tv?

Nope. You can use sky Digital or an aerial for TV :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

As fungus said below the landlord usually gives on that sort of information to ntl or the previous residents would have given out the information before they left.

Needless to say, that doesn't really matter, ntl have your name and your address. You were living there, service was possibly going to you house, there fore as far as ntl are concerned you are liable for that.

calm down and let me finish ......

What you need to do is call ntl and get a service tech out to take a look at it. Get him to fix the fault. forget the whole name on account and bill thing. Once the technican has been out and you have reception back, you get on to ntl and tell them that you have had problems with their service.

for one, they were charging you for a service you didn't have as agreed by their very own technican.
    and secondly they have no record of where they got your name to add to this account.
    and thirdly, you never requested the service.
    and lastly you no technican ever showed up.

thats worth at least your months rental that you didn't have tv for.

hope this helps you .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sorco

:) Thanks Jessica and Fungus for the advice.
    I'm still actively trying to get NTL to follow through on all the things they keep telling me, everytime I call its a different plan. The last girl I spoke to (I got her name!) said I won't have to pay a thing and she'll have a technician out in 24hours that was last Friday! hmmmm.
    I'm now thinking of going to Eastpoint isn't that where they're located and just sitting in reception until I get it sorted -- maybe I should kidnap a technician?!

Thx
    Sorco

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

They were not much better when they were Cablelink! same muppets i suppose.. we moved to a new house and got hooked up.. we were late paying one of the bills due to the move etc.. but we paid it on time... however somehow the disconnectors did not know this and came out and cut the cable on us... we rang them up and complained.. they agreed we had paid on time and it should not have happened BUT we still had to pay a reconnection fee!! Even though we made a threat of legal action as technically they cut a cable on our property and damaged our property for no reason... they would not relent and in order to watch TV we had to pay the reconnection fee! B@stards thats all i can say!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

East Point is where they are, yep.

Saruman, I'd get in contact with the consumer's assocation to settle that score for you....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

this was years ago and cant be arsed now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sorco

hi
    As a matter of interest does anybody think it would be worthwhile going into their offices?

I'm sick of trying to sort this out by phone/mail -- have resorted to mailing daily now -- (am getting a bit obsessed!) but I need my telly! -- I can just about tune in a couple of channels with an old fashioned arial! -- but short of getting my boyfriend to stand in a corner holding it up so that I can watch Sex and the City without the snow -- it just aint going to work out!

If I do this i'll let you all know how I get on, -- if I lose my temper watch the news tonight!
    WOMAN GOES CRAZY AT NTL HEADQUATERS -- ARMED WITH A WATER PISTOL ........................

thx
    Sorco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by sorco
    hi
    As a matter of interest does anybody think it would be worthwhile going into their offices?
    Sorco

I think they set the dogs on you if you try that sort of thing....

Mike.

sorco,

was really going to say the same as cable guy there is really no one in eastpoint that you can talk to . only a nice security guy who puts you on the telephone to the call centre. so really you are back at square one! why bother?

what you now need to do is speak with a supervisor to arrange a technican to call at time that you are there ? not when it suits ntl. Speak to a supervisor and again explain all the problems that you have had - the missed service calls, problem with the account, and explain that you need a technican out date and approximate time as in morning afternoon or evening and a day. Let them know that you have wasted enough of your time, this is when you need the technican to call. voila it will happen, and you will get recepetion back. Always note the name of the person that you are speaking to. guarantee you will have no problem- but you will hvae to stick it out on the phone to get through and then most possibly a supervisor will call you back, but i promised you it will get sorted.

cableguy, you someone in mind for that water pistol to be aimed at?

only those who went back up north what about those who hopped over on the plane to f**k up the place as for management present is enough!

• Advertisement
Advertisement