Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im at a loss. please help :)

Options
  • 15-04-2002 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭

my brother got the full sky digital package(sports, movies, film4) installed at home. we have the signal from the digibox routed to all the tellys in the house.

im aware that the cheapy 2nd sub isnt available here, but is it ever likely to appear??

if i get a second sub at full price do i have to get the same package as the one already installed?? (id only want the basic package, no movies, sports etc..). will i need a new dish?? and will i get a digibox for free??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Sky say that the mirror subscription will appear here but do not say when.

If you want to get a second subscription in the meantime you can. You will need to get a second digibox. Sky will only supply one per household so you can't get a second free one. You will not need a new dish as you can by a quad LNB which can feed up to 4 boxes from the one dish. You can then get whatever package you like. When the mirror subscription becomes available Sky say that they will merge the two existing accounts into one.

the second sub,I think you are talking about is the "mirror" sub and this as it is in the UK is a mirror of whatever other sub you have for a reduced price-£10 in the UK(or is it £12).
    That would give you the full Sky world on the other digibox if your first sub is a Sky worl one.
    Not so sure if that extends to Film four or other stand alones though as they are not part of a specefic sky package.
    "08" alert now-the mirror sub is not available in ROI yet.

I personally have a problem with the whole idea of paying extra to have the same service available in another room-it's probably my mindset though having had the ability to watch the 9 analog channels for no extra in all rooms if I want.
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

so i need to pay for.... a new digibox and a quad LNB. how much is that going to set me back before i start giving rupert his money??

You can probably get a reasonably cheap digibox from ebay. I think Tony does the quad LNB at www.satellite.ie

By the way Tony, when are we going to start getting commission? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by ShaneOC
    You can probably get a reasonably cheap digibox from ebay. I think Tony does the quad LNB at www.satellite.ie

By the way Tony, when are we going to start getting commission? :)

On the first day sky make a correct on time payment, so you may be waiting :p

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Tony
    On the first day sky make a correct on time payment, so you may be waiting :p

I've heard of that day before. I believe it's the next 30th of Feb. Funily enough that is also the date I heard for ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, Sky+, Series Links on Sky One, Mirror subscriptions, BBC Choice, BBC 4, BBC News 24 and ITV 2 all to be available to ROI subscribers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭daveharlowe

Hi all,

I have recently bought a Philips QUAD LNB from these people :

http://www.brymar.co.uk

They charged me UK£65 (including delivery to Ireland).

Works fine here in Limerick on a 60cm circular dish.

I was told that the 60cm dish was too small for the QUAD LNB, but it seems to be okay for the last week. (No picture breakups)

good luck,
    Dave

daveharlowe@hotmail.com

Advertisement