Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would you do ?

Options
  • 14-04-2002 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i've been going out with this girl {serioulsy enough for the past 4 weeks}.

then she goes back home {to work for a week at easter} , and she doesn't reply to my text messages or answers the phone either .

she's kinda cut me off, totallly.

i didn't know her before we went out so i don't know if it is in her character .
    to be honest , i feel kinda weird , i'm a bit sick of trying to contact her, and i didn't know if we were going to have much of a future anyway {as we are going to different countries for the summer} , but it seems strange to me the way that she has started to ignore me.

i know you might say .... call her .... i've tried and no response.

i don't want to appear to be putting pressure on her or anything , by constantly trying to get her to meet me.

is it just me ????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

maybe she is in the situation where she cant reply to ur calls?

i no this may sound strange, but before i came out, and when i was at home, if any of my partners at the time, rang, i wouldnt ever answer, incase anyone questioned it?

maybe she is little embar to admit to her family that she is seein someone..

i no this is proberly way off the track, but it reminds me of myself sometime ago..

wait untill u see her again, and dont be to annoyed at her, god knows what she has gone through over easter ye no?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I think its safe to assume its over, i've seen it before, sometimes they're just too imbarressed, or scared! to break off so they just cuts off all contact.

Its not fair i know but she may have her reasons. I think in this case your best option is to let her go.

Originally posted by lazer
    maybe she is in the situation where she cant reply to ur calls?

i no this may sound strange, but before i came out, and when i was at home, if any of my partners at the time, rang, i wouldnt ever answer, incase anyone questioned it?

maybe she is little embar to admit to her family that she is seein someone..

i no this is proberly way off the track, but it reminds me of myself sometime ago..

wait untill u see her again, and dont be to annoyed at her, god knows what she has gone through over easter ye no?
    thats a real option too i suppose but i wouldn't keep my hopes up... sorry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

I think its safe to assume its over, i've seen it before, sometimes they're just too imbarressed, or scared! to break off so they just cuts off all contact.

or this is another reasonable suggestion, by azezil

relationships are strange..

i would still wait and see what she has to say

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you meet somebody nice until you find out - don't make the mistake of rejecting this possibility as it will be a mistake if you do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Rather than ringing her, go out and try to find her and ask her in person! How far did she go?

You'll never know, might be someone on boards who knows her! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It could be that she has other 'issues' - a death in the family or illness. It could be that she has just lost her phone. But it may also be a straightforward case of she doesn't want to see you any more. have you tried phoning from a payphone or a phone with caller ID blocked?

Do you have any other avenues of contact - mutual friends or the like?

Don't get me wrong, but it may be time to move along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

we need more info was it only a mobile number etc you have maybe she lost it or its fecked up. she may not have cvredit to reply there are loads of things that it could be dont expect the worst just yet my friend have hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

I agree with Kraken, she may well be in a situation where she can't get in contact with you and will have a valid explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

me again.

so should i ring her ? or let that sleeping dog lie ?

to be honest , i'm not so pushed as i've exams atm, but still like its very weird for anyone to do this.

she did tell me before that she no longer talks to her last ex :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

If you know one of her friends, phone them and ask them outright:

"Has she lost her mobile or is she blowing me out of it?"

To be honest the chances that she's not blown you out of it are slim.

Else, move on - Personally I find a rampage of one night stands very theraputic. Or a good book. Or chocolate.

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    Personally I find a rampage of one night stands very theraputic.
    Usually i'd agree but it's becoming a bit shallow... nearly 22 years old and still haven't been in a serious long term relationship *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by azezil
    Usually i'd agree but it's becoming a bit shallow...
    Shallow is sometimes a good response to the end of a serious long term relationship - the contrast of "see what you've been missing" with the relationship's monogamy can help the healing process. Failing that, you do get to have sex.
    nearly 22 years old and still haven't been in a serious long term relationship *sigh*
    Wait 'till you hit your thirties without one under your belt (or, with the passage of time, uncertain of how serious it truly was)...

But as I've said before, one of the rare advantages of being a man is you can still start serious long term relationship when you're over 40 - preferably with a 19 year old who has an Electra complex :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

its over.

now i'm free and single

yeah happy again
    the relationship was good, but it frizzled out , as we found that we were totally different , i'm extroverted and she's intraverted .
    i talk to strangers and their dogs and she wouldn't even talk to my friends {she'd just cling to my hand for the whole night, which was nice , but got a bit annoying after awhile}

anyways .... be warned ... i'm on the prowl again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Good for you! Admitting its over is the first step in recovery!

Advertisement