Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital cameras:decent model and where to get?

Options
  • 11-04-2002 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

As per the topic, is there a digital camera out there for €400 or less that takes reasonably good pics and where in Dublin is a decent place to get one - ideas?

I know next to nothing about them so don't blind me with science :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

One piece of advice, don't bother buying here if you can. Prices are incredably overinflated. I just got a canon S30 3.3MP camera for $499 from amazon.com an get a relative to bring it over, the equivelant model in an irish store is about €900.

If you know anyone going to the states, the far east, hong kong is great, get them to get if for you. Other than that go along to a decent camera shop an see what they have. Try canon, nikon or fuji if you want decent quality and also some of the sonys. Don't really know the price of these but a decent 2MP camera should be well within you budget. You may even find a 3MP one

I'm not going to blind you with science, but what you buy should depend on what you are using the camera for. If you plan to print photos yourself, then I would really try and find a 3MP camera though

Advertisement