Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nasa Tv

Options
  • 11-04-2002 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have Sky Digital installed recently and wish to watch
    NASA TV. I understand that this channel is not on the
    Astra satellite which Sky use, but on Worldnet or Hotbird.
    Does anyone know the price and equipment I will need to
    pick up this channel. I do require a 2nd satellite dish as
    I do not wish to go moving my Sky dish. Will I be able to
    use the Panasonic box that comes with Sky or will I require
    another one?
    I already asked irelands-satellite.com, but their sales guy
    sent me a one-liner telling me I'd have to give them £500
    + VAT to get this channel, which I don't believe.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by djrabman
    I have Sky Digital installed recently and wish to watch
    NASA TV. I understand that this channel is not on the
    Astra satellite which Sky use, but on Worldnet or Hotbird.
    Does anyone know the price and equipment I will need to
    pick up this channel. I do require a 2nd satellite dish as
    I do not wish to go moving my Sky dish. Will I be able to
    use the Panasonic box that comes with Sky or will I require
    another one?
    I already asked irelands-satellite.com, but their sales guy
    + VAT to get this channel, which I don't believe.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

It was a one liner telling you to look at the product on our website. You asked for a system to receive hotbird and this is what we quoted you for. I did not say £500 plus vat I said Euro499 plus vat which includes 80cm dish receiver and installation. If you had read the mail it would have told you that it was intended for the recipient only , this is precisely to avoid the kind of mis quotation you have just carried out. If you dont believe me fair enough but dont go giving mis leading information on this forum. You could have avoided this by simply taking the time to look at the website URL of which is also on the e mail. Perhaps you could tell us what other companies in Ireland you e mailed to get a quote??

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 djrabman

I did not email anyone else in Ireland, I was hoping
    readers of the forum might be able to point me in the
    right direction.
    The details on your website are very vague, which
    is why I emailed you in the first place. I did not
    intend to mislead anyone on this site, which I do
    not think I did.

Regards, Robert.

Originally posted by djrabman
    I did not email anyone else in Ireland, I was hoping
    readers of the forum might be able to point me in the
    right direction.
    The details on your website are very vague, which
    is why I emailed you in the first place. I did not
    intend to mislead anyone on this site, which I do
    not think I did.

Regards, Robert.

Yoy asked for a system to receive hot bird and the system mentioned on the site is a "Digenius Astra/hot bird system" , what's vague about that? You did mislead when you said and i quote "their sales guy
    + VAT to get this channel" I said no such thing. You asked for a system to receive hot Bird and I told you how much we supply and fit the system for. What were you expecting a few chapters of War and peace perhaps? If my e mails are short and to the point it is because we receive a large amount and time does not permit us to go over information which is already available on the website.

Regards Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭dosfromclare

Tony,

If this is the way you treat customers or potential customers, I for one will not be availing of your products. You have done yourself a great disservice by this public outburst.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

I'm with Tony on this one.
    He gave a straight answer to a straight question and should be allowed defend himself and his business from such obvious mis-information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Originally posted by dmeehan
    I'm with Tony on this one.
    He gave a straight answer to a straight question and should be allowed defend himself and his business from such obvious mis-information.

Agreed. Tony has been able to provide very helpful information to many members of the forum.

Having said that, we have all been guilty of typing something and then wishing we hadn't.

As Bill and Ted said - "Be excellent to eachother".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭dosfromclare

fair point Shane..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

The price Tony quoted is a very competitive one - I was quoted GB£490 + VAT for a Hotbird install here in London.

I regard Tony as a valuable member of this board - he often gets info before the rest of us do....

Richard

Originally posted by dosfromclare
    Tony,

If this is the way you treat customers or potential customers, I for one will not be availing of your products. You have done yourself a great disservice by this public outburst.

Well you are of course entitled to your opinion but how would you react when somebody misrepresents the price of your product and makes criticisms without foundation. I receive many e mails every day which although it's extremeely time consuming I answer each and every one , its difficult to anwer when it's not clear what the question is but in this case I did the best I could. Bear in mind that this is how I make my living and I have spnt many years buliding a business. It's difficult to say nothing when an e mail is selectively mis quoted, this is why they are all labelled "It is intended for the named recipient only" The author of this thread should simply have referred to the website whetre everyone here can make up their own minds. As for your assertion that you will not be availing of our products well thats your choice but I hope you will re consider.

Regards Tony

Thanks for the kind words guys, can we terminate this thread now? Life's too short for this stuff. Thanks also to dos from clare for the private e mail

Regards Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 delboy

hi all
    I must say I am with tony on this also -
    he has provided me with much information which is honest and straight forward- it is time consuming for him.

i suppose this issue comes from the fact that satellite tv is difficult to get a handle on.- what we all want is a single website that gives you lovely pictures of all the kit and how it goes together.

tony provides most of this and prices and services/ advice relevant to the irish market.

like you boys say we are all adults - but tony has the right to defend himself- i i will buy from him - no problem.

Originally posted by delboy
    hi all
    I must say I am with tony on this also -
    he has provided me with much information which is honest and straight forward- it is time consuming for him.

i suppose this issue comes from the fact that satellite tv is difficult to get a handle on.- what we all want is a single website that gives you lovely pictures of all the kit and how it goes together.

tony provides most of this and prices and services/ advice relevant to the irish market.

like you boys say we are all adults - but tony has the right to defend himself- i i will buy from him - no problem.

Thanks for your support, I'm actually working at re writing the website as we speak so hopefully there will be further improvement and I would welcome any suggestions that guys may have. Please dont ask for female models posng next to a digibox:D

Regards Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Hate to drag the thread on, but I just wanted to add that I too have bought gear from Tony and found him to be extremely helpful and an excellent person to deal with.

Keep up the good work, Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Ah jaysus Tony, it's a free country. If we want to ask for female models posing next to digiboxs then we should be allowed to. :(

Granted it is up to you to decide if we get what we ask for. ;)

Wouldn't hurt sales either :D

Originally posted by ShaneOC
    Ah jaysus Tony, it's a free country. If we want to ask for female models posing next to digiboxs then we should be allowed to. :(

Granted it is up to you to decide if we get what we ask for. ;)

Wouldn't hurt sales either :D

hmmm helping sales eh? maybe a re think is warranted

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

If you refuse to consider female models posing next to digiboxes I'm afraid I won't be availing of your services in the future. This is the shoddy treatment you show to potential customers?

If not posing next to digiboxes, then holding reels of coax?

Originally posted by alastair
    If you refuse to consider female models posing next to digiboxes I'm afraid I won't be availing of your services in the future. This is the shoddy treatment you show to potential customers?

If not posing next to digiboxes, then holding reels of coax?

Nice one Alastair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by rlogue
    I regard Tony as a valuable member of this board - he often gets info before the rest of us do....

Couldn't agree more, Richie.

Originally posted by DamoDMC

Couldn't agree more, Richie.

Guys can we stop this now I have a seriously swelled head and my stetson no longer fits.

:D Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Well Tony, there is one way to cure that swelling :D

(and I'm not mentioning ways that the sicko on Cable/MMDS forum has shown us!!)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement