Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flowers

Options
  • 09-04-2002 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

I dont know how many other flower lovers there are on this board, I myself would love to have a flower garden as far as the eye could see...perhaps someday I'll have one that will make it into the better homes and gardens mag.

My question is what is your favorite flower?

mine is the calla lily and more favorite are the tropical flowers found in places like hawaii, they are so very beautiful :)
    sigh ;)

I always wear a flower in my hair when they are in bloom, perhaps not so nice for the flower but I always like to have one with me throughout the day anyway. :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Alterna

Heliconia.

If you don't have any callas, i'd be happy to send you some, as well as canna. They grow like weeds here on the Texas coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

I use to work in a rose nusrey and all i seen was roses allday everyday for as far as the eye could see. It got to much for me so i quit. But my favorite rose was Bluemoon, for it's colour and smell and it tasted good too.

I have hibiscus and jasmine bushes, which can make a nice tea. I also have brugmansia, which if eaten is hallucinogenic...or can cause temporary blindness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Where can you buy this brugmansia, and whats the best way to eat it?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Brugmansia (Datura) should be available in most garden centres in the summer. It's sensitive to frost over here so it's grown as a conservatory/patio plant... outdoors in the summer only.

http://home.att.net/~perennials/menu.html

Have a look in highfield nurseries after your interview... they might have some :p

As regarding eating it, well.... whatever you're into...

• Advertisement

Can't say I've eaten, smoked, or stiped any. The whole thing about losing my eyesight even temporarily creeps me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

I have to agree, I love a blue moon rose, they are so beautiful and unusual, I love roses persay. I also love foxgloves too.

Advertisement