Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

28" widescreen

Options
  • 09-04-2002 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend the best 28" widescreen
    TV on the market in Ireland for under 750 Euro?

What about the Panasonic TX28DK1? (or PK3)?
    Mitsubishi have a 28" widescreen WD28251
    (cheap at 550 Euro) but is it any good (not a
    genuine flat screen)?

I was told that Panasonic have a better build quality
    compared to Sony.

How about Toshiba or JVC?

ideally would like good general picture quality, flat
    screen, Nicam stereo would be sufficient, 3 scart sockets (??),
    dark grey chassis (???)

cheers in advance

:):):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

that mitsubishi 28" is only E450..
    you have to ask yourself if you really want to pay close to double that amount for a 100Hz pure-flat tv thats the same size..
    for the price that mitsubishi can't be beaten, its screen is flatter than any philips in the same price range, and its pretty good quality-wise...
    why do you need 3 scart sockets? 2 is more than enough.. and if you have it connected to a decent dvd player or a/v receiver than they can handle the video switching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

where can i get the Mitsubishi for E450?

the 3 scarts would be for Sky digital decoder, DVD
    player, video and possibly PS2, although i think
    i can link the video through the decoder, so 2 should
    be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

just double checked (had somewhere around that region in my head from the last time i checked).. €479 is the actual price in powercity, silver one is €50 more..
    they have the sony wega 28" for €949 so i wasnt two far off with my double the amount comment :)

anyway same as any purchase like that, have a wander around a few stores on a day off and make sure you view them (normal tv-aerial reception then with a dvd if possible).
    Most stores will have a dvd player hooked up to one of their tvs anyway, if they dont make the effort to switch the cable then you don't want to buy there.
    Have a flick through the setup menus, look for stuff like tint and delta vol... makes the tv picture and sound fit into any room perfectly. noise reductions worth looking for as well, its obvious what that does though.

It's probably too late now...
    But Mitsubishi were always a good make, and many in the eighties are still around to this day.
    However in recent years they have subcontracted the manufacturing of their tv's and build quality has dropped.
    You kind of get what you pay for,panasonic,Sony and Toshiba machines are better by far for picture quality.
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well I have the Panasonic TX28DK1 for over a Year and a Half and I can vouch that it is a nice piece of kit.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Apparently Black Diamond used to be good, however
    now Mitsubisi sub-contract and get their TVs made in Turkey (?).
    They do have a new flat screen 28" coming out in a month
    apparently.

Sony and Panasonic are the best brands, however you will
    pay extra for the Sony tag.

Anyhow, I think I can get a Panasonic TX28 PK3 for E750 (flat
    screen) and I think thats a good price for a decent TV that should
    give me 4/5 years use, of couse 'hang-it-on-the-wall' TVs may be
    around before then.

Advertisement