Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left Shift

Options
  • 08-04-2002 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

While I was watching UK Gold yesterday I thought that the Search and Scan banner was not as central as it usually is. I thought that I was going a bit mad, but when I turned over to Sky 1 the logo in the top left of the screen was missing the "S" from Sky. Also the Sky Guide was way off centre when I checked.

Plugging out the digibox for thirty seconds fixed the problem, so if it happens any of you lot you will know what to do. And you wont think you have gone mad :cool:

Interestingly even though there was a bit of picture missing from the left of the screen, there was no corresponding problem at the right hand side. It would appear that there is a proportion of the picture that is outside the viewing area of the TV.

You learn something new everyday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

You most probably had your digibox set to RGB mode...
    This will shift the picture to the left a little on older sets.
    The RGB picture is generally better than PAL but some tvs don't allow changing of colour etc. in RGB and so leave a very pale looking picture.

RGB can also cause stuttering and blocking on the Panasonic 31s on the cheaper channels... (Life TV etc.).

To test out RGB you must use a scart lead and switch
    Scart Contol: On and Picture Output to RGB in Picture Settings..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Hi David C,

I do use the RGB signal and it does shift the picture very very slightly on my TV (Sony - under two years old). But this is not the same problem that I saw on Sunday. Usually the shift is only one or two pixels so you do not loose any useful picture, however on sunday the whole picture (and Sky guide and menus) was more than a centimetre off centre. Some of the Sky One logo was missing and the Sky Guide looked all weird.

Anyway it was only a once off and a reset fixed it. Just posted incase anyone else saw the problem and wanted to know how to fix it.

Advertisement