Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV rescue disks for WNT and W2K?

Options
  • 07-04-2002 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

(I think my question is more suited to this board rather than MS Apps / OS board)

I have recently installed W2K along with Norton AV 2000. In NAV, there is no option to create rescue disks. This seemed strange to me because I was using W98 and NAV, created, and regularly updated my NAV rescue disks.

I went to the NAV Users guide and read the following:
    Note: If you use Windows NT or Windows 2000 you won’t have the option to make Rescue Disks. Windows NT and Windows 2000 provide built-in protection against the problems that require Rescue Disks, so they are not necessary.

Can someone give me a little enlightenment on how WNT and W2K provide built in protection?

thanks,
    CH

Advertisement