Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line 6 - Guitar Amp

Options
  • 07-04-2002 1:01pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Popped into Instrumental the other day to try out the Line 6 Spider amp. I said to the guy "Been playing guitar for a few years, but my amp is ****e and I wanna treat myself to something a bit better." He then showed me the Line 6 FlexTone II, not gonna go into the specifications, you can look them up here http://www.line6.com/Main/Products/productgroups/ProductGroup_Knows.cfm?GroupID=3&CFID=547367&CFTOKEN=61604701
    All I can say is that I was a slight bit impressed, it costs €800 but I would be willing to save up for it.

I then told him that I was recommended the Spider but I played on that for a minute and it didn't sound half as good as the flextone. With the flextone I could get just about any sound I wanted out of it. Got a lovely Joe Satriani style sound out of it, it goes from each end of the scale, from crystal clean to dirty insanse distortion. Mmmm lovely.

Anybody else try this amp ? What were your opinios ?

Oh yeah, I'm also looking to join a band. Semi-decent lead guitar player, ask Gerry or El_pres they 'might' have something good to say :) Put an ad in hotpress, should be in the next edition.

Slaanesh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

It sounds awfully expensive, but sounds good by the looks of it. Me myself I wouldn't buy it because I'm so into real Valve amps.

But go for it, and tell us about it once you've got it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The amp modelling on the Flextone is great, but, don't be fooled by gimicks. Make sure your satisfied with every part of the amp before you get it; But I think you'll be ok with the flextone though :)

Remember the Band society we were gonna set up in Blanch last year Slaan. I don't know if your still there or not, because I'm not.
    I'm gonna try organise a college Battle of the Bands next year in IT Tallaght, so if you do get a BandSoc next year, you could enter. (You won't win because my bands there :):) j/k.)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Hey Giblet,

There is **** all musical interest in ITB, I can't even get a band together, not even a crap one ! I'd love to do a battle of the bands, but if there are no bands to enter then it just won't work. I mentioned an ITB BOTB to the ents officer, he seemed interested but i'd say he got locked and forgot about it.

Giblet, know any bands needing a guitarist ? Although normally all bands start off from a guitarist :)

Slaan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Thats the thing, no bands need guitarists, theres just to many off them. Instead of trying to join a band, find another guitarist/bassist/singer, or try join bands that you know personally. Thats what I did.

Advertisement