Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different channels on different TVs

Options
  • 06-04-2002 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a few questions about watching different Sky Digital channels at home on different TVs, can anyone help me on this one? We have the standard Irish Sky set-up (one dish, one decoder, subscription to Sky sports and the other stuff)

1. Is a second decoder necessary to watch different channels simultaneously in different parts of the house?

2. Does the signal coming from the dish have to be split and if so how?

3. I've seen a sky ad for a service in Britain for this type of request...does it apply in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Yes you need a second box and a second subscription and a dual output LNb to use on your exisitng dish and then you have indepdent viewing on 2 TV's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

In order to do what you want you will need a second box and subscription and also the lnb on your dish will need to be changed to a twin or quad output one.

Redshift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by chernobyl
    Yes you need a second box and a second subscription and a dual output LNb to use on your exisitng dish and then you have indepdent viewing on 2 TV's.

Sorry we posted at the same time M8.:)

Advertisement