Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help my friend!

Options
  • 05-04-2002 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭

OK, my friend is in 1st year archaeology and french in trinity, she hates it with a vengeance. She's thinking of dropping out and doing law in UCD. Only prob is, she *only* got 490 in the leaving, so she's thinking of repeating.
    First question.Where?
    She's thinking ashfield, institute or bruce. Opinions please.
    Second question. What subjects?
    What makes a good one year course? She's said she'd do english, irish, french, history, classics but she needs 1 more cos she hated biology and maths. Ideas please.
    Third question. Law in UCD?
    Is it a good course? Is anyone here or anywhere doing it?
    Thanx v. much!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Economics is mega easy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Combined Physic and chemestry is simple if u ever did either of the Two,
    There is only one PAPEr and it consists of 6 Questions for both Physics and Chemestry but u only have to do 3 of Each, both have short answer questions and the PAPer is so predictable, if she gets the lend of the papars off some1 she'll see that certain questions are repeated every 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Only 490?? Ffs, why is it mainly women like to go and repeat when they don't get sky-high points?? 80project is doing B&L in UCD afaik, give him a pm, as they do some of the law course. I had absolutely no intention whatsoever of repeating my leaving regardless of what I got, there's no way I could have stuck it. I was sick of school by the end of 4th year, so even if I got 20 points, there was no way in hell I was ever going back. Probably why I can't understand people repeating.

Subjects - Plenty of people have said Economics is A-able in one year. She'd have to work mega-hard though. I would advise sticking with what she had. Just get her head down for the year and Biology is A-able too. She already has 2 years experience with it, and at 490 points she's not *that* bad at it. It's just a pain with the amount of learning.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭four_star

construction is the easiest to get an A in in the leaving. 12 people got A1's in it in my school in my year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jackoman

Personally tell her she is mad going back to do the leaving - but I suppose if she's not happy then fair enough.

My ex girlfriend did law in UCD.Pretty well respected course. Essentially there are very few hours during the week,something like 13. It's just a lot of reading and big essays here and there. The bad part is you have to get pretty high scores if you want to get anywhere. Most people continue onto Blackhall Place and the like. Its only three years and what I thought was a bit of a doss! Just lots and lots of reading.

Havent heard much about Ashfield but I have heard that Bruce, laurences and the Institute on Leeson Street are good, but you will pay top dollar!!

Another easy enough subject for the leaving is Geography and Home Economics is supposed to be really handy, but I cant remember wether you need to be doing biology as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement