Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astra 2D in Spain/Europe

Options
  • 05-04-2002 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Now that we know the RTE frequency, how far south and west in Europe are prople picking up the other channels on 2D such as ITV, Disney etc? Yes I know the footprint is tight but how have people been doing on the ground.

Anyone in the Madrid area?

PS Why are we one of the only countries in Europe, apart from maybe San Marino, that doesn't have some sort of satellite TV service available FTA. Is it too good to give away for nothing or too bad to embarrass ourselves?

RTE International soon please!!! Keep all the high profile sports coverage etc if you have to, but some news and documentaries re BBC World would at least be something.

How much did RTE spend promoting the country with the Eurovision song contest the years we won it as if we owned it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Try this link. Lots of info you require

www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID23/305.html

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Im located in Austria, I cannot see astra2d so I suppose I wont see rte despite having an ROI card. My other worry is they will move rte radio1 off 2C and then Im stuck using the other receiver on hotbird> Great planning on RTE's part to pick such a useful transponder.Its the radio I will miss out on.

Advertisement