Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing MP3s from computer to amplifier

Options
  • 05-04-2002 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

I've just got a NAD C300 amplifier and I decided as an experiment to connect a wire from my soundcard to the Aux ports of the amp. However I found I had to turn the volume up really loud and then the quality of the music was really bad.

Is it possible to do this properly, and do you need a pre-amp or something like that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i ahve my pc hooked up to my stereo so its the same thing, just make sure that your internal volume for the soundcard is up nice and high to get decent signal into the amp. get a decent quality stero mini jack to LR Phono cable.

Bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Also just make sure your AUX inputs don't double as the phono stage (record/vinyl..remember those?..:)..). There might be a switch to set between the 2 modes on those inputs. If so this is your problem, just switch it to normal. Or use a dif input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Yeah Creed is right about that alright. Just make sure if you are doing a line out from your sound card, make sure it is going in to an AUX-in (or Line-in) on you stereo's amp. AUX/Line/Phono all have the same Red + White connectors and sockets, but they do different things to the signal.

Doing a jack to phone, between your sound card out, and a phono-in will not work. It will result in a very distorted version of what you are trying to amplify.

;-phobos-)

Advertisement