Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

secret tracks.

Options
  • 04-04-2002 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

secret tracks we all know about the ones stuck on the end of albums. but what about the really hidden ones i.e. the ones that are before track 1? i know of only 2 albums with such songs on the SFA album guerilla rewind from the start of track 1 and you'll find a song called citizens band. there's also one on the bob dylan album white ladder......although it's crap.
    apparently there is one on 1977 by ash too,but when i checked there wasn't,maybe on selected copies,i dunno.
    anyway,does anyone know of any others??
    and what do you think is the best secret track???
    mine would be the one on Guerilla,it rocks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭four_star

the ash one is at the end of the albumn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

there is one on out spaced a sfa b-side album. placebo albums seem to have one as stadard. there is a really good one at the end of around the fur. cant think of any more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

whoops. the original pressing of fitzcarraldo has your face as a hidden track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

There is one of those 'secret rewind' songs on The Wannadies album "Bagsy Me"...If you have that album and thought that "Silent People" and and "Bumble Bee" sounded similar well then you'd be right, and the band knew it too, because the secret song is basically those two songs muddled together. Unlistenable, but funny.

I think those hidden songs 15 minutes after the last song are pretty annoying...especially in the olden days of cassettes, where you wasted half the walkman batteries fast forwarding to the end!

The Longpigs had the right idea on "The Sun is Often Out"...put an extra song on the CD, just don't list it...a convenient 'hidden' song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Soulwax's album has one if you do the rewind past the first track thing. The Second Coming of course has one I think it's no.99

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Theres a most excellent hidden track on The Stone Roses "Second Coming" . It's well hidden at track 90 (i thinkssssssssssss)

Theres also the great "I was Alone" on Green Days Dookie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"there's also one on the bob dylan album white ladder......although it's crap. "

What the **** ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

the new soulwax mix cd has a kylie minogue remix hidden before the first track, the hidden one on incubus' 1997 s.c.i.e.n.c.e. album is worth checking out, as is the evil laughter on sepulturas chaos a.d. and for weirdness tool sounding quite indie on the cd from the salival boxset (right after that weird l.a. court thing...) korn covering cheech and chong on follow the leader's hidden track......there are loads.......i'll try to remember more....

the latest thing is hidden goodies on dvd's, anyone found anything interesting on dvds??

www.dvdeastereggs.com is a good spot to start.....

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

What about Purple, the Stone Temple Pilots album? It's at the end of the album and it's quite funny. And Throwing Copper, by Live, has an unlisted ("Hidden") track also.

What about Purple, the Stone Temple Pilots album? It's at the end of the album and it's quite funny. And Throwing Copper, by Live, has an unlisted ("Hidden") track also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

maybe its the whiskey but am i seeing double??

Kurdt:knockedout:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr Crowe

.......mmm im not too sure if its actually a secret track but theres a lil' intro on the start of TEN(pearl jam)......it starts again at the end of the album........

whats everyones favourite secret tracks, including ones at the end of albums.......mine would be the two on the end of the damien rice album, they are fantastic.......well the whole album is........also the secret track on the end of "timb bomb" by buckcherry kicks ass

peace&love
    mr crow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

maybe it's the whiskey but am i seeing double??

Kurdt:knockedout:

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

http://www.eeggs.com/ is a good site listing all those hidden and secret things on music,TV,DVD etc

Weird - that post came out twice. Cool. Let's see if it happens again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by Beany
    [B

I think those hidden songs 15 minutes after the last song are pretty annoying...especially in the olden days of cassettes, where you wasted half the walkman batteries fast forwarding to the end!

[/B]
    yeah, or if your listening to a cd whilst going to bed like 1977, and you get the fright of your life if youve fallen asleep. unfortunately enough for me i was listening to 1977 for the first time with friends in my room and we were all asleep and then i heard this vomitting noise and i woke up and was checking for the mouth the vomit was oozing from until i realsied it was the cd

Bugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

The verve album urban hymns has one after about 15 minutes as well I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

There's a weird one on the Beastie Boys album Hello Nasty. There's about 10 seconds of music between track 2 and 3 (or track 1 and 2) and you only hear it if you play those tracks normally (in one go). However, if you play track 2 on it's own, the 10 seconds is missing from the end, and it's missing from the start of track 3 if you play track 3 on it's own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

man, this thread spans like a year.. crazy s****..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

theres one at the end of Heartworm aswell you have to wait about 5 mins then it comes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

On one of the Placebo albums (I forget which one) the secret track as an answering machine message left on the band's machine by some psycho "fan" (I use the term loosely) stalker person. Real messed up s**t!

xxx me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

That was the Without You I'm Nothing album. Track is called Evil Díldo.

QOTSA - Songs for the Deaf, has a hidden track prior to track 1.

X Files - Soundtrack, before track 1 is a Nick Cave/Dirty Three (I think its them) track. Hence them reminding you that zero is also a number on the inlay card. [If this ones wrong it ain't my fault! I don't have it! Just heard about it along time ago!] :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Originally posted by Einstürzende
    That was the Without You I'm Nothing album. Track is called Evil Díldo.

Oh yea. I have it on a different CD nad everything, and on a live video, but I was just too lazy to go and check :rolleyes:
    And I call myself a fan....

xxx me

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

im surprized that placebo didnt put a secret track on their last ablum,sleeping with ghosts since they did for the other three.
    what ye make of the sleeping with ghosts,it kinda grew on me but still not too impressed when compared to what they've done in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

I have to agree with you there. I'm still a huge fan and would NEVER kick Brian Moklo out of the bed but I much prefer the earlier stuff. My favourtie album is 'Placebo', followed by 'Without You I'm Nothing', then 'Black Market Music' and finally 'Sleeping With Ghosts'...anyone sensnig a pattern??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

The end of Nirvana Nevermind,theres a hidden track,it was later released on that 'singles boxset thing and called 'Endless Nameless' its pretty much noise and shouting.. And the first 50,000 copies of Nevermind didnt even have it .

Better than hidden tracks.. check this **** out : http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,52426,00.html

The Aphex face !

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Originally posted by luce
    I have to agree with you there. I'm still a huge fan and would NEVER kick Brian Moklo out of the bed but I much prefer the earlier stuff. My favourtie album is 'Placebo', followed by 'Without You I'm Nothing', then 'Black Market Music' and finally 'Sleeping With Ghosts'...anyone sensnig a pattern??

placebo are good at what they do which is teenage angst or just angst against the world in general but i think sleeping with ghosts was time for a change cause the band were matureing.
    have to say though without you im nothing is by far their best ablum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Well it's very close between Placebo and Without You I'm Nothing but in the Placebo wins out...it just brings back so many memories! It's where it all began-the beginning of an era if you will. I suppose it really depends what mood you're in 'cause they're both so different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

I love Sleeping With Ghosts, I like the new direction. But I'm biased towards Placebo, gotta love em! :D WYIN is my fave tho :)

Advertisement