Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electronic or Dance

• 04-04-2002 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭

Google calls it "Dance", Yahoo "Electronic" - what should we call this forum?

Dance or Electronic? 6 votes

Dance
    0% 0 votes
    Electronic
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Dance kinda makes more sense but electronic sounds less naff, definitely (why is that?).:ermm:

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

Dance covers a broader range of music styles, electrronic is more confined...................i vote Dance (UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ!!!)

:alien: :surprised: :confused::confused: :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea I say stick with dance, most electronic music has a lot of vocals in it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

Electronic music covers any kind of music that's made with synths, samplers, computers, drum machines, software etc.

This includes house, techno, trance, drum and bass, hip hop, electro, the sound of a hard drive crashing, etc.

When somebody says "dance music" to me I usually think that person is talking about either trance, house or techno and probably listens to FM104 a lot.

-Son of Blam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Son of Blam
    Electronic music covers any kind of music that's made with synths, samplers, computers, drum machines, software etc.

This includes house, techno, trance, drum and bass, hip hop, electro, the sound of a hard drive crashing, etc.

And why not some Industrial/EMB/Darkwave while yer at it?
    Maybe some of that new-fangled Technoise while we're at it.

I'd say Electronic.
    I'm with blameh on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

I'd have thought "dance" basically refers to club type music but "electronica" isn't really associated with the whole club scene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

Originally posted by Monkey
    I'd have thought "dance" basically refers to club type music but "electronica" isn't really associated with the whole club scene

You're the first person to mention "electronica", what kind of music is that then?

-Son of Blam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

In that case would a "Dance/Electronica" title be more suitable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Electronic for definite. Dance is way too restricted.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

electronica is like Aphex Twin, Zero 7 etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i havent heard the term electronica for about 4 years.. was in relation to Primal Scream at the time.
    Yea I say stick with dance, most electronic music has a lot of vocals in it..

puts on kid 606/fsol/aphex twin/boc/orbital/cex/luke vibert.. vocals? where? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah call it electronic, it sounds better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

IMO Electronic is a broader term, encompassing popular dance, house, techno, chilled electronic, drum'n'bass, etc etc.

Will 'Dance/Electronic' fit in the drop-down?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement