Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need an Atari emulator

Options
  • 03-04-2002 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

A little help please ?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

You haven't said for which atari format there's a few you know;)
    Try this link they should have most if not all of the emulators for atari console systems
    http://www.arcadeathome.com/console.phtml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

if its an atari st why dont look at www.atari.st its got everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Atari Jaguar even :P

then that would be www.jagulator.com then :)

LOL:) Atari ST! remember how one of my mates had one of those
    but as all his mates{including myself} owned an Amiga he kept his mouth well shut:D
    You use ant of the ST emu's DiscoStu? anygood? think games realised on the two systems where pretty similar...

• Advertisement

the two best ones are winston and steem. steem emulates the atari ste an enhanced version of the st which atari managed to kill. it has the incredibley useful feature of allowing you to overclock the m68000 processor from 8mhz to 128mhz. its fun watching the mentchmarking programs i had on old coverdisk going mad. winston is a bit older and not developed anymore but it is the most compatible. it only does the standard st. even though i had an st and have a load of old games for it i mostly use the winuae because its easier to get amiga stuff off the net than st stuff and the games were all identical anyway. the amiga just had better sound.

What the hell i'll have a look anyway:) downloads are small enough. I've downloaded pretty much every amiga game i ever owned so still would be interesting to see if my mate was full of **** when he said "Carrier Command looks better on an ST":rolleyes:
    Amiga had better sound? I'd heard it was the other way round myself.....;)

oh carrier command what a game. as for the sound get shadow of the beast 1 on the amiga and the atari and listen to the opening music then come back to me :) the st had a ym2612 chip that could generate up to... wait for it...... 3 channels of tones i wouldnt call it music. the atari st was very popular for sequencing though as it had built in midi ports and was a fraction of the cost of a pc at the time. useless trivia time: cubase one of the world most popular music making programs appeared first on the st.

Having taken your advice i agree. AMIGA is better by a long shot..;) more useless trivia I see fatboy slim STILL use's a ST to when creating tracks ( Ref:moulon rouge dvd err...my sister bought it:D)

Advertisement