Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv Booster ?

Options
  • 03-04-2002 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

I have Sky Digital and want to get rid of NTL completly .
    I have the Digibox hooked up to all my tvs but have to watch the same channel on all them so im looking for a good Tv signal booster.
    Anyone know of a really good one that works ?
    Thx
    Kdja

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 alfa

Try installing an arial in your attic (from the likes of PEATS).

I have an aerial in my attic (approx £40) feeding into my digibox, output from the digibox is split & boosted by a Global 7 way distribution amp and use a number of Global magic eyes to control the satellite decoder from various rooms.

The terrestrial channels I receive in all other rooms are the same (almost) quality as my main room.

Not saying that its the best method but I am very happy with it.

Try this link for the Global items mentioned.

I paid for membership and got a significant reduction in cost per items

http://www.satelliteshop.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by kdja
    I have Sky Digital and want to get rid of NTL completly .
    I have the Digibox hooked up to all my tvs but have to watch the same channel on all them so im looking for a good Tv signal booster.
    Anyone know of a really good one that works ?
    Thx
    Kdja

Even if you fit a booster you still will only have one sky digital channel at any one time.

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

If I understand this correctly you want a booster for the Irish terrestrial signals as well as the option of watching whatever is on the Sky box.

If you have a good signal coming from the aerial on your main TV you may not need a booster at all. I had a good picture on the four Irish channels going into my Sky Box. The first RF was connected to the video and then from the video to the TV. Picture was perfect. I ran a lead from the second RF to a two way splitter and from there to two other rooms in the house. This meant that all three rooms could watch any of the Irish channels or whatever channel was on the digibox.

Following a bit of investigation I discovered that I could pick up a relay of the UK terrestrials through my aerial. I bought a 28dB Signal amplifier and power supply to boost the signals (cost approx €50). I put these between the aerial and the digibox and now have the four Irish, and the four UK channels (no channel 5) on each of the three tv's as well as whatever channel is on the digibox.

Only thing to note about this is that you will need a coaxial lead to bring the terrestrial signal to the digibox and also a seperate one to bring the signal back up to your splitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 alfa

Shane (Following a bit of investigation I discovered that I could pick up a relay of the UK terrestrials through my aerial. I bought a 28dB Signal amplifier and power supply to boost the signals (cost approx €50). I put these between the aerial and the digibox and now have the four Irish, and the four UK channels (no channel 5) on each of the three tv's as well as whatever channel is on the digibox)

i have an aerial in my attic, amplifier which i feed into my skybox;( seperate co-ax to the attic and use a Global 7 way splitter in conjunction with TV Links to pick up irish terrestrial channels and also change digi box as already mentioned in tread)

Am based in dublin - No joy with Uk terrestrials - presume you are in south east of ireland ???

:ermm:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

In Cork. Picking up the UK channels from South Coast TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i have the digibox as my splitter ,i use a Scart for my main tv which leaves 2 RF outs one for the kitchen and the other split into 2 for the Bedrooms .
    I never even tried putting an aerial into the Digibox as i assumed it would be a crappy signal .
    I will try that and then look into a decent tv booster that i can plug into the digibox .
    thx
    Kdja

Advertisement