Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Digital and Ireland subscription

Options
  • 02-04-2002 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

If someone moves house from the UK to Ireland., is it right that they have to cancel their subscription and start up another one?
    or can the card be sent a new signal?

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Hi Ed, we discussed recently here about moving house in Ireland, and we have worked it out that you are probably better off disconnecting your current sub, and making a new sub at the new address. You'd have 2 boxes then too......

As you are in England, and if you did this, you would be able to have a BBC FTV carded box (your old one), with all the BBC channels plus ITV, C4 and C5, and an new Irish sub, which contains all the channels except the above. A quad LNB would then be your best option. Bonus points for having a Sky Digital in seperate rooms, if you wish.

Also, and I aint ruling this out either, it is possible* to close your sub in England, move, then say you are a new person in the ROI, with an 2nd hand digibox, and you'd like to get the Irish package. Sky could send you out a new viewing card, and you *could* be able to swap the cards to view all the channels to your hearts content.

Hope this helps,

Damien.

*need to confirm, anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ejhearn

This is what I am trying to acheive:
    I have told sky that i am moving from the UK to Dublin for 6 months or so so i dont want to cancel my account. I am, infact,. not moving, but trying to find a way to receive the new RTE channels due to launch shortly.
    I said that i am taking my box and card with me and could they change my address details on screen to an irish address, which they agreed to do. When we came to the postcode section they said that their computer would not accept just Dublin 2 as a postcode so it comes up as invalid. Therefore, the dozy woman left the postcode the same. Well, correct me if i am wrong but the signal that gets sent to the card is determined by the postcode used. What do i tell SKY the postcode is so that i can have the irish signal sent down to my card?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Ahhhh, I see.

As I used to work in AOL, they used to have the whole UK Post code system in an application. Now there was a code when filling out a form for Irish addresses to fool the application, but for the life of me, I cant remember.

Use Dublin 2 as the last part of the address, i.e. the city or county, but they should have a mock postcode for ROI to override their software. Its their problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

on the two cards/one digibox thing. I've seen a number of postings that confirm you can swap two cards (uk fta and irish subscription) around on one box. I'll be playing this tune tomorrow or the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭West Briton

I think "ROI" is the postcode they use.

• Advertisement

On any UK or US automated forms-for postcode or Zip-I just type the word none in that field.
    Sky dig probably won't except that.
    Presumably it is the ROI part which triggers the "08" nonsense and will switch on the Irish channels when they come.
    mm

Advertisement