Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Digital on your PC ?

Options
  • 02-04-2002 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

Sky Digital on your PC ?
    I know you can get card readers for your pc so you can watch other satellite channels on your PC but is there software Version Of Sky Digital’s EPG for your PC.
    I’m not trying to crack/bypass it, just watch sky programs with my sky card on my pc.
    And why I’m asking is I’m thinking of building home station for my self i.e. DVD/Sky Digital/MP3/Divx/VCD/Recording programs to my HD as mpgs.
    I know where and how to build it all but I do not know if you can decrypt sky on your pc like you can other channels.
    Why buy a DVD player, Tivo/Sky +, MP3 player, when you can have them all in one plus it’s still a pc.
    ps: small black cases that can sit under your TV and look cool can be bought so no big cream case and 100’s of wires.

Coyote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

As no one yet produces a Videoguard CAM you cant get a DVB card and CI interface to run Sky directly on your PC.

You could get a WinTV kit and pass the video out on the Sky box into that capture card.

Advertisement