Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tara to close on 3rd of April

Options
  • 30-03-2002 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Tara channel to closed on Wednesday coming
    This is confirmed as it says on the EPG "programmes
    no longer avaible" on Wednesday so it gone for good.
    This will be bad for English viewers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

English - and Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh - don't forget the rest of Us. NI should soon have RTE, of course, which leads me to wonder whether RTE ONE will appear in Tara's old slot....

If wonder if cut-down versions of the RTE Channels will appear in GB - maybe they will use the EPG to block certain progs. I imagine much of TG4 could escape unscathed.

Originally posted by Richard
    I imagine much of TG4 could escape unscathed.
    LoL:D
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

That's a good point regarding having watered down version of Irish Channels in the UK. However,I have bombarded BBC,Talksport,5Live etc with mails asking them to put the Internet Versions on the Irish EPG,but no joy.This is due to extra work,time,money involved. This will be the same with the Irish Channels in UK. Its all or nothing I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Actually that is a good question, how can the GOVT justify TG4?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

I think its called :Politics :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

It seems the last program to be broadcast on Tara will be
    'Drive' on Wednesday night at 11.30.
    The reason I say this is that the message 'Programs No longer available' appears directly after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Sorry tombenjr,
    I missed your previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

just read this on wotsat
    Irish satellite TV entertainment will live on!
    Tara Television, which recently went into liquidation with debts running into tens of millions, could be resurrected by Irish public broadcaster, RTE, under a different name. Since Tara's launch in 1998, RTE supplied all the programming, but RTE's Commercial Enterprises division never received any payment in return, according to press reports. RTE recently said that although it regretted Tara's liquidation, and the resulting "personal losses for the employees of Tara TV and the loss of access to Irish programming", there was clear evidence that the company was insolvent and that it had no viable business plan. Despite this, RTE now says that it will take "all means to ensure that the small but loyal and committed group of viewers that the channel attracted in the UK have alternative access to Irish programming." [April 2]

P.S anyone know the RTE Frequencies as i be back at college when the test start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

TARA was always blocked out for me anyway. I'm getting really pissed with Sky over many things.

First and foremost - the service just isnt good enough for what we pay here in Ireland.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

According to Richard Logue - the station will close tonight at 1am. See www.irish-tv.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement