Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc-dvd regions

Options
  • 29-03-2002 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I have the creative labs 12x set and I am wondering if it is possible to use it to play multiple regions.

I have tried to update the firmware but it didn't work, any help would be appreciated

I am also using the dxr3 card to output to the tv.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Have you tried Region-Killer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I have the reative 5x. Theres a site dedicated to just the creative dvd drive. It worked for my version. Don't know about yours

www.visualdomain.net

Take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Mountjoy, what is region killer?

and steve, I tried the firmware update from that site and it just stalls on my system when i try to run it. It doesn't seem to be win 2k compatable(it was only written in 99, i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

(Mountjoy-Mugger-a quick google got the answer)
    about region killer from Requirements
    You will need a region free DVD-ROM drive. Region protected (RPC-2) DVD-ROMs will not work, except the disc to be played is not protected with the CSS copy protection system.(RPC-2)

This is the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Region Killer is a little utility that makes most DVDs multiregion. It also works for RCE discs.

Have a look at http://www.elby.org/RegionKiller/english/index.htm

It might do the trick for you.

EDIT: Just saw your reply. I thought it wouldn't work on my Toshiba SD 1102 - it did. Worth trying anyway. It's less than a meg in size.

Download drive info as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement