Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD copy service??

Options
  • 25-03-2002 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Does anybody know of a DVD to blank DVD copy service in the Dublin area?Perhaps a young entrepenure offering a DVD backup service(in case the owners copy gets scratched)!
    I have checked various computer repair shops and net cafe around dublin to no avail. I have priced a DVD rewriter in PEATS they retail at €650,still to expensive for home use.

Charlie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Copying a DVD disk is relatively simple, making one that works isn't.
    Firstly you want a DVD+RW drive as opposed to the DVD-R/-RW. The disks are still ~$12.00 for 4.7gb. Most movies are over this size, so you need to rip the main movie and then use an IFO editor to make a new IFO file for the disk to work on a normal player. Theres really not much point as it takes ages and doesnt save you much over just getting another original.
    If you have Nero 5.5.7.2, CLADDVDXP and IFOEdit it can be done though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 charlieb

Thanks for the advise,but surely some entrepenure must be out there in Dublin with a DVD writer wanting help to pay back his/her inital capital cost?? I have recently moved back to Ireland from Johannesburg where this service exists mostly operated by IT students!

Charlieb

Advertisement