Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Isuzu Gemini

Options
  • 24-03-2002 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

My brother is thinking of buying a second hand Isuzu Gemini, and he was asking my opinion of one. And for the first time that I can remember, I cant picture the car at all. I dunno what it looks like.

I scoured the web earlier, looking for a pic and info, and I could'nt find one. If anyone has a picture of one and any of the usual specs, could you steer me in the right direction?

Thanks folks!

Damo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A somewhat obsure choice but very cheap to buy now as they're all at least 11 years old.
    http://www.motorshow.or.jp/show2001/ENGLISH/PUBLIC/THEME/car_13.html

They come with 1.3 petrol or 1.5 diesel the latter is very frugal if a bit noisy.(used in Opel Corsa in the 80s-mid 90s')

Typical Japanese build and ride/handling.

The only pages of interest related to Japanese and American/Austrailian versions which are quite different
    cars altogether.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

there are many models of it already,can ya be more specific? import/year?
    760 Model

mygem3.jpg

more then likly the one he is getting is like this....

jt150_1_01.jpg

just google it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Many thanks for the evidence, Mike and Odian.
    1.5 Diesel 1988/89 era he is looking at.

Me thinks spare parts could be expensive....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The main prob with parts will be finding them, Isuzu cars never sold in large numbers to start with and quality parts will be thin on the ground, as for buying from an Isuzu dealer...they'll proberly laugh in your face if your not driving a 4X4.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

most diesel cars back then where nothing more then scrap, go for something else, toyota carrola built roun 89 90 last forever

• Advertisement
Advertisement