Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hate Crimes, and laws against them

Options
  • 24-03-2002 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

I was talking to a guy the other day about this subject. I asked him if he could change one thing in the world what would it be?

He promptly replied, hate crimes, saying to attack someone over race or religion was the worst thing ever.

But I couldn't follow the guys train of thought. now we all know attacking someone over race or religion is a terrible thing, but its this attitude that to do so is some how more heinous then somebody attacking someone for random reasons or no reason at all.

Like were is the equality in that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I agree. Hate crimes are terrible, but to be honest they are only an excuse for violence, if it wasnt race/colour then its religion, then it's hair colour, and so on and so forth.

I dislike violence.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Boston
    But I couldn't follow the guys train of thought. now we all know attacking someone over race or religion is a terrible thing, but its this attitude that to do so is some how more heinous then somebody attacking someone for random reasons or no reason at all.
    He's just following the fashion herd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by smiles
    I agree. Hate crimes are terrible, but to be honest they are only an excuse for violence, if it wasnt race/colour then its religion, then it's hair colour, and so on and so forth.

I dislike violence.

<< Fio >>
    god i agree with smiles, i feel so dirty :p

People are violent, we get stressed out, upset, depressed, angry and we strike out. As smiles says if it wasn't race/ colour it'd be some other meaningless reason.

Advertisement