Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile 087 / 086

Options
  • 21-03-2002 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

i read another thread here about vodafone the night of the firsworks and point one is i am a pay customer and i couldnt send txt messages.

point 2 is i ahve 2 086 mobile phones here but they are stuck on 086, how can i change them to 087?

or does anyone have 2 086 sims they wish to swap? they are sim cards for my childrens fons but im not going to the cost of buying 086 sims, as the 087 sims ahve a substantial amount of UNUSED credit on them as the kids surprisingly enough dont use the credit intime.

why cant voda remove this limit?
    both sims are now unusable as the time has run out, if anyone can help they could email me privatly if they dont want to discuss it on here

emial me at, tushpusher@iol.ie

;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

if u have spent over €125 on top ups you can get an unlock code just ring them i just got mine 2 day

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭fi

sorry you dont understand the phone isnt lock it is set to the 086 network and i want to either change it to the 087 network or swap my 2 087 cards for 086 ones

the phone or sims are not locked

thanks Fi

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

or just get a data cable for your phone, some nice unlockig software, and do it yourself....

Originally posted by Zyox
    or just get a data cable for your phone, some nice unlockig software, and do it yourself....

where would one get this stuff from? :eek:

set the phone 2 automatic detect network. well data cables are expensive (by the time they get to ireland) is it possible to generate a unlock code if u have ur IMIE number it should be possible insted of using a data cable.

• Advertisement

but....

i cant switch the phones on as it wont accept the 087 sim cards

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What phones are they you're looking to be unlocked fi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

Fi

this will
    help ya

Originally posted by OJ
    What phones are they you're looking to be unlocked fi?

they are panasonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

If you can find out how to enter ut in on your phone, you can ring up and get the NCK code to unlock from skodafone, I think you have to spend over €125 though
    *I THINK*

• Advertisement

well yesterday i bought a €25 086 card

i got €15 credit on it and when i regester it ill get €30 more credit, so i thought what the hell, id still be interested in this softwear thought to unlock the fons....... i was told you can do it though your pc and a cable.....

i still dont know where to get this though, and when i do it will the fon be free to take any of the regions sim cards?

try http://www.expansys.com/ they do cables but they will screw you on delivery

thanks haveing a sift through it to find what i think i need!!!!

Advertisement