Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channels coming Soon!!

Options
  • 21-03-2002 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

Lads,
    This is information procured from another site. Don't know the reliability but he seems pretty confident.
    We'll just have to watch the EPG....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

sorry forgot the channels ,here they are!!new channels coming soon
    These are some channels that we could see on sky digital's epg in the next few months.

Entertainment
    BBC Three (if approved)

Sport:

At theraces
    BBC Classic Sport
    SPL TV
    Arsenal tv
    Liverpool tv

Radio:

2FM
    Lyric FM
    Raidio Na Gaeltachta
    Purple radio
    Trouble Radio
    BBC 1xtra

Adult
    Red Hot Wives

Also a there is a chance of seeing these channels on sky epg:

ITV Sport Channel
    ITV Sport Plus
    ESPN Classic Sport
    Gay TV channel
    Arabic channels

SORRY FORGOT THE CHANNELS, HERE THEY ARE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

Is this site not listing new channels for UK viewers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Viva

Will 2FM be available to GB cards?

Viva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

all of RTÉ's radio services will be FTA. i'd imagine this is for Irish people living all over Europe. i don't know if they will be on the UK EPG but my guess is that they will be

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, if RTÉ radio channels will be on UK EPG to over 5 million UK homes, then I can't see why BBC won't list their channels on IRL EPG to just 200,000 homes. Rights definitely cannot be an issue (except for maybe 5 Live).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Like for like, thats the way it should be.....

If folk in the UK can listen to Mícheal O'Muircheartaigh, I wanna listen to Alan Green :mad: :)

Originally posted by DamoDMC
    If folk in the UK can listen to Mícheal O'Muircheartaigh

and they been doing so for a while now. the whole BBC radio on the Irish EPG episode is a real pain the arse. there is another thread for that.

BTW i have all the BBC FM radio stations from Wales at the moment and a whole host of good quality UHF transmissions from Wales and the Westcountry. it is worth checking IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    BTW i have all the BBC FM radio stations from Wales at the moment and a whole host of good quality UHF transmissions from Wales and the Westcountry. it is worth checking IMO

How did you get them? Are you receiving them direct or from a deflector? You live near Dungarvan, right? I live in Dunmore East.

Glenn

they arrive every now and again and they come in from the UK. it has something to do with the weather. it is to do with high pressure or something. they all went again last night with the exception of Channel 4 from the Westcountry but came back again this morning and now are gone. i will be checking again over the week because there is going to be a big lump of high pressure over us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Antenna

MossyMonk,
    The following are the ones to watch during high pressure in your area (with UHF channel number) ALL HORIZONTAL POLARISATION

Caradon Hill: (used to be much stronger years ago? I am told)
    22 - BBC1 South West
    25 - Carlton WestCountry ITV (used to be 'TSW')
    28 BBC2
    32 C4

Presely:
    37 Channel 5
    40 BBC2
    43 HTV
    46 BBC1
    50 S4C

BTW Mossymonk, before the new road was constructed near Dungarvan years ago one used go up the hill with hairpin bends on the way to Cork a few miles out of the town. There was a house there near the hairpin bend with 4 large high gain H-pol aerials (Quad formation) pointing to Presely (Wales)- I think, - Is this you by any chance!! Do you know what kind of reception were they getting and with what consistency (what percentage of the year was reception 'watchable'?)

This is going ot now but...
    Up here in North Wexford,the caradon hill channels are available all the time with a group A- though the reception is watchable , it would be very bad at times,gone in heavy rain but crystal clear in fine or high pressure conditions.
    Regularly drifting in, in fine weather also would be Border and Granada as well as a raft of Welsh transmitters.

The BBC FM radio stations from wales come in on anything as simple as a car radio complete with RDS!
    mm

Originally posted by Antenna
    Caradon Hill: (used to be much stronger years ago? I am told)
    22 - BBC1 South West
    25 - Carlton WestCountry ITV (used to be 'TSW')
    28 BBC2
    32 C4

Presely:
    37 Channel 5
    40 BBC2
    43 HTV
    46 BBC1
    50 S4C

i can pick up all of those during good weather conditions except for all of all channels from the Westcountry with the exception of Channel 4 on a group C/D aerial in a vertical polarity facing north rather than southeast towards the transmitter. i have no hope of receiving BBC1, BBC2 and ITV from Caradon Hill because of a deflector taking over those channel numbers. :mad: Channel 4 from there is watchable 90% of the time
    BTW Mossymonk, before the new road was constructed near Dungarvan years ago one used go up the hill with hairpin bends on the way to Cork a few miles out of the town. There was a house there near the hairpin bend with 4 large high gain H-pol aerials (Quad formation) pointing to Presely (Wales)- I think, - Is this you by any chance!! Do you know what kind of reception were they getting and with what consistency (what percentage of the year was reception 'watchable'?)

i know where you are on about but it isn't me. i am on the other side of Dungarvan. about 8 miles or so from that hairpin

Advertisement