Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish PM heard calling his speech 'nonsense'

Options
  • 21-03-2002 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭

Now this is something one expects from Homer Simpson, but to be honest this guy should get the boot.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2002/0321/breaking27.htm

Spanish PM heard calling his speech 'nonsense'
    Last updated: 21-03-02, 11:17

The Spanish Prime Minister has been caught describing his speech to the European Parliament as "nonsense".

Mr Jose Maria Aznar had just received a round of applause from MEPs at the end of his speech.

"What nonsense I have just come out with," Mr Aznar said aloud after giving his talk to the parliament at Brussels. Mr Aznar seemed to think his microphone had been switched off.

The comment was heard by those around him. It was not clear if Mr Anzar was referring to all his speech or just a part of it.

AP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

any idea what the content of the speach was Victor?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

No idea. I sure if I was a really sad get i'd trawl the EU website (see under Useful Links post).

Advertisement