Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pace box acting up. advice?

Options
  • 17-03-2002 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a pace digibox (out of contract, but younger than 2 years old), which aside from the 'normal' personal planner problems (loss of text etc) has now started giving severe grief. Last week I got tearing/pixelation on the picture, and checked the signal levels, got a 70%ish strength, but wildly fluctuating quality. It eventually lost signal completely (took 10 mins or so). I normally have no signal problems in rain etc. Assumed dish had been knocked out of alignment, but when I came back after weekend away pic was fine again.

yesterday the signal was lost again, and after a couple of software reboots etc I managed to get things working again. Problems re-occur after a few minutes though. I've seen postings relating to similar problems with other pace boxes.

I'm tempted to buy a panasonic box from the UK with a FTA card (via ebay or wherever), and phone sky to get my irish card associated with the new box. Anyone have experience with changing their box outside warranty here? I assume the cost of fixing the pace box isn't far behind the cost of a box and FTA card from the UK (£110).

Comments

I'm tempted to buy a panasonic box from the UK with a FTA card (via ebay or wherever), and phone sky to get my irish card associated with the new box. Anyone have experience with changing their box outside warranty here? I assume the cost of fixing the pace box isn't far behind the cost of a box and FTA card from the UK (£110).

This logic is spot on!
    It's what I would do in your shoes-try and get a panasonic dsb 30 while you are at it with a card and then when you've got it and it's bbc card is working take it out,power down,put in your own Irish Sky card and ring 1800535767 and get it paired.
    Prior to pairing you probably will have the family pack channels anyway in the mismathed box excluding the bbc's.
    Expect to pay a little more than usual as popularity of the boxes has gone up for obvious reasons.
    mm

Advertisement