Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotbird reception with a digibox

Options
  • 16-03-2002 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Have any of the forum members experimented with Hotbird reception? My dish is at a lower level and I am thinking about trying to pick up the spanish channels on hotbird.
    Before anybody starts warning me about the dangers of moving a dish I must state that I am an electrical engineer that has previously experimented with analogue dishes.

Anybody any advice on Hotbird??

Charlieb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Hotbird is almost entirely PayTV, so not much use for a Digi Box.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

I just started playing around with Horbird and a digibox this afternoon. First I went to the garage, took out my old sky dish (Astra19*) and decoder. Then i jigged around until I found BBC world on annolague. I then replaced the old sky box with the Sky digibox, and with the help of Lingsat, tuned in frequencies on digital. Chernobyl is correct when he says that there is not much in the clear. However there are Romanian, Bulgarian, plenty of Italian, Iraq, Syrian, and one or two good music stations (Magic and Countdown) in the clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

wats up guys i just like to know where would it be possible to pick up an old dish and try wat you said pacman i live down your side of the country, are they easy to pick up and are they cheap. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

/me points you to the buyandsell Sat section ----> [here]

Following on this thread, is it possible to have two satellite dishes (Hotbird & Sky digital) feeding the digibox?
    I have not tried this *yet* and am awaiting answers and opinions regarding this. I already have a f-connector splitter.
    Is there such thing as an A-B switch, where you can manually switch from one satellite dish to the other? If so what are they called and can anyone give me the approx cost?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Check out Watty's satellite section which covers a lot of stuff

http://homepage.tinet.ie/~watty/satellite/satellite.htm

HTH:cool:

Thanks irishByte, i have already looked at Watty's site. However the DIY approach, with my past record (or lack of!) is not an option. I checked the net and found this:

http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/accessories.htm

Hopefully it will arrive next week.

Advertisement