Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Regs for Dishes?

Options
  • 15-03-2002 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Any one know what dishes you can errect without Planning permission?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,251 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Generally, you can't have it fixed at the front (this would include side for corner sites) of the building without applying for planning permission. You could generally have it at the back of the building or un-fixed without planning permission. Quite a few people do not have permisison for

Most TV satellites are south of Ireland - you don't say what way your house points.

Also look here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33704&perpage=20&highlight=planning&pagenumber=2

Also be very conscious of personal safety (installation and maintenance) if you are going to put it on a roof or chimney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks Victor!

I have a 1m in my garden but it cant be seen from the road, loads of trees :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,251 ✭✭✭✭Victor

just make sure no one nicks it. Remember that all such equipment should be placed at least 2 drunks high on a wall. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Dont mount a 1m Dish in an exposed place, trust me, when they fall, its generally into your neighbours Mercedes.

Advertisement