Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fast Music = Dangerous Driving

Options
  • 15-03-2002 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Interesting article here which show a study into how music effects the speed u drive at. from my own experience (limited) driving experience and being a passenger with fast music playing i have to say its pretty accurate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I find that myself as well, anything fast or heavy tended to make me drive faster and more dangerously. Since I had an accident I've removed all CDs from the car apart from Gomez, Radiohead and David Gray, I've been driving much slower since, but that might not be entirely down to the music.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Fast music gets the adrenaline pumping and as a result you tend to get a bit of a natural buzz... so you tend to react and drive faster...

It is true, I've noticed it myself many a time...

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

haha there's nothing better than blasting some Darkthrone on the way to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

WOW!
    I totally agree with that research....

For me:
    Seb Fontaine = 'Fast and the Furious' activity
    LyricFM = 'Driving miss daisy' activity

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep Metallica is banned from my car when driving :)

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Theme from The Magnificent Seven. Keep it away from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daftbegger

I used to listen to my md while driving my bike, and I have to say listening to the likes of metallica made me drive like a git.
    Don't do it anymore though. But strangely enough I sitll drive like a git!!
    Hmmmmmm?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The first Clash album has been banned from my car.

Not a good idea to play something that was recorded with copious amounts of amphetamine sulphate when you're trying to stay within the speed limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

or trying to find the 4th wheel :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I located that wheel within 2 mins of the incident happening!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Quorthon

Originally posted by NeRb666
    haha there's nothing better than blasting some Darkthrone on the way to work

hehe in this vein I find Emperor's "in the nightside eclipse" really gets me going!!!!

Q

Advertisement