Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how everyone get on in pre's?

Options
  • 15-03-2002 4:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭

How did everyone get on in their pre's ? i'm not getting me results fer another week or 2 just wanna see what people got compared what they are going fer in the lc....i think mine will be quite a distance from what in need in lc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

4 passes and 3 fails

Passed Accounting = D
    French = D
    Business= C
    English = C

Failed= Maths, Physics, Irish

BUT...as we were told....retarded monkeys from Uranus must have corrected our papers so I'm not so worried.

BTW...

Whats considered a good mark on the Hons. English essay ???

I got 75/100 and was slightly disappointed. Kinda thought it deserved higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

370 points. I never opened a book for them though, and I intend to do a bit for the real thing, so it'll probably (hopefully) go up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Just finished them today. I haven't opened a book either so if I get close to passing everything I'll be happy as that means with a little effort, I will :]

Irish Paper II was a disaster though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

A bit mixed[Junior Cert].62% English,67% History,15% German!,80% Business,58% Maths,and havent got the rest back.Doing well considering I spent the mid term studying for a horrendous ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

was it just me or was the lc maths (hons) paper near impossible?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Qualm

Biology: 89,
    English: 84
    Chem: 80,
    Maths: 74,
    Physics: 73,
    Irish: 74,
    French: 66,
    (all higher)
    i got 485 points in my mocks (sounds better in childish sing-songy voice) Not bad for 3 weeks work beforehand. By my calculations i should therefore get 1940 pints in my leaving, if i start studying now.
    Sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

speaking of irish paper 2 i spent 9minutes at the damn thing........had a c2 in irish without doing it so i decided to ram it and go study fer other exams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

410 and i could have put a lot more work into studying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I got 8% in Honours Maths down form 17%
    And got 47% in Honours Physics up from 21%

The teachers are being mean and not giving the rest for another 3 weeks after our midterm.

• Advertisement

Maths : 82% (crap :/)
    Irish : 62%
    Phyics : 96%
    Business : 58%
    Applied maths : 98%
    Home Ec : Some C
    so about 410pts from 5subjects (irish listed above is pass and not being counted...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I did crap only got 4 subjects back so far failed 2 got honours in other 2 at least so I'm over 100 pts or so.

Just to people who say they did little or no work and get over 350 pts please go walk into a wall. No one can do that your doing work and don't think otherwise, it doesnt just come to you no matter how smart you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Just to people who say they did little or no work and get over 350 pts please go walk into a wall. No one can do that your doing work and don't think otherwise, it doesnt just come to you no matter how smart you are

I can. I pick stuff up in class even though I'm not listening most of the time, I usually pick up enough to get by on, I've always been like that but it has it's downside, I really really suck at studying, I have an attention span of about 5 minutes when it comes to schoolwork. Since september I've done homework on 3 nights so far in 6th year, and less than an hour each time, I haven't taken a book out of my bag to study for a test or an exam at all in 6th year. I have a friend who doesn't just pick stuff up like this, but can sit down and study for hours on end and actually remember nearly all of what he's studying, IMO he's a lot better off than me, people don't seem to understand that I'm literally not able to sit down and study something for any length of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I understand Mills, I'm the same. :) Course all of this college alcohol has fecked up my brain, and I have to go read all of the books :( I'd prefer to be able to study. So far this week, I've cleaned my room twice, polished the kitchen, fixed my car, fixed my bike, and pretty much done everything I've been meaning to do for the last 6 months. Except study. I have a serious case of ABSS (Anything But Study Syndrome) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Ok....

(all honors level)
    Maths: 65%
    English: 74%
    Irish: (didn't get it back yet - teacher has been out sick sine before the mocks)
    French: 69%
    Physic: 71%
    Chemistry: 71%
    Economics: 93%

465 points. I spent a week before the exams studying, the midterm doing a fair bit (in the middle of the exams like).

I can usually remember stuff pretty easily without doing study. Near photographic memory for some subjects (like jc. history & geography - but found them boring)

Going to start studying big time - need to get over 500 points :)

<< Fio >>

Maths : 82% (crap :/)
    Irish(p) : 62%
    Phyics : 96%
    Business : 58%
    Applied maths : 98%
    Home Ec : 74%
    Chemistry : 94%
    English(p) : 62%
    final pre results.... 520pts :rolleyes: .......130pts over what i require :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Yeats County

All honours bar Maths.

Maths: B1 (82%)
    Chemistry: Didn't get result back yet.
    Irish: B2 (76%)
    English: A2 (87%)
    Biology: C1 (68%)
    Technical Graphics: D+
    French: D
    LCVP: B3 (74%)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Only got 5 back so far.
    Irish 45% D2
    French 75% B2
    Accounting 77% B2
    Physics 91% A1
    Maths 85% A2
    still have to get English (dont want it), Chemistry, Applied Maths. Have decided to do pass Irish-got 15% on paper 2 and my friend showed me the paper before the exam cos his school had it 2 wks before us.
    Should get at least A2 in chemistry and applied maths so thats a projected 530, which is 45 more than I need :D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Failed four:
    Maths 23%
    Business 29%
    English 37%
    Geography 37%

Passed two:
    German 48%
    Accounting 95% (funny eh?)

I quit the Irish cos I was absolutely useless and would have ended up doing foundation. So that would have been a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Absolutely ****e... I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Got 70% in the Irish (H) and so that bring me to 470 points, over 100 more than i need, but if i get over 500 then i get €1000 and a guaranteed room in Maynooth. :)

I'm happy!

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kitton

the mocks are so stupid,they make u realise how little they can fit into three hours!i failed smelly physics tho apparantly they dont except the made up physics that makes perfect sense in your head!damnit!and its really annoying cos i have lost all my motivation to study after them,maybe it'll come back,hopefully before june!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Finally got them all back.
    Irish 45 D2
    English 63 C2
    French 75 B2
    Maths 85 A2
    Physics 91 A1
    Chemistry 91 A1
    Applied Maths 93 A1
    Accounting 77 B2

65 more than I need and enough for a science faculty entrance scholarship in UCD (yay!)

Advertisement