Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series link on Sky1??

Options
  • 14-03-2002 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Does anyone out there know what the story is with Series link on Sky1, How come I can't find any channels that I can series link in my personal planner? I spoke with a sky rep the other day and they had no idea why I couldn't Series link The Simpsons on Sky1.

Has anyone out there been able to series link ANYTHING on Sky1

Comments

I'd be afraid to admit what I've series linked:D
    Well ok...Planet of the apes on Sci-fi and 24 on BBC 2....but the rest is between me and my digibox:D
    There seems to be a general problem with series link on Sky one-the option wasn't there for star trek enterprise either :(
    This is something I will complain about to customer service tomorrow
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

madman, I have sent messages to the folks at Sky about this. Have not heard anything back as of yet. The info below may help you with your quest.

TinMan, the reason that the customer rep was surprised that you could not set the series link is that on the UK version of Sky 1 there are quite a lot of series links.

Anyone with a FTV card can verify this. The Simpsons, Enterprise and South Park all have series links in the UK but not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i gave up on the series link after i tried it with eastenders (for the other half). the green arrow icon came up but the next episode was not put into the personal planner. I tried it with some other programs aswell but they eventually disappeared from the personal planner.

i never had it before i got sky, so i suppose i could do without that functionality

I have just been on to the "techie" at Sky twice about this.
    First person got me to do a software update,which i knew to be a waste of time but went along with it.
    Second call was more helpfull as I was put on to "second tier support".

This guy recognised that there must be a sofware glitch in the ROI EPG and has logged the problem and took my e-mail to get back to me.
    I explained that all other digiboxes I had tried this on did not have it either.

The example the tech support were using was The simpsons at 7pm on Sky one.
    It would be helpfull if anyone reading this post who has an ROI digibox could try to series link this programme as an experiment.
    Do this by selecting "All channels",then select Sky one ,scroll up to The simpsons at 7p.m highlighted in yellow and press select.

You should then be in the personal planner screen, with the simpsons.
    But what do you have at the bottom of the page?
    All I have is a red autoview icon and ayellow delete icon.
    There should be a green series link icon option as well but there isn't.
    Let us know thanks.
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Good to see there is some progress on this. I am seeing the same problem on Sky One.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭TinMan

Thanks for the Update madman, I forced a Software update to my digibox last night to see if would make a difference but to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

Just Red and yellow on mine ...

I thought that Series Link was only available on certain shows? I figured that this might have something to do with the number of repeats and multiple showings of programmes on satellite.

If, for example, you were to series link the Simpsons, surely your personal planner would go mental - on some days Sky show five or six episodes! Imagine doing the same with Family Fortunes in Challenge TV!

Genghis,I could be wrong here, but I think what the series link would do with the simpsons if you put the 7p.m proramme in and series link-It would turn on the 7p.m one every night only.

The series link is only available on certain programmes , yes
    But as Shane stated above,for some reason, It's not appearing at all on Sky one in ROI.

On my BBC card for instance, the series link option is there for that 7p.m simpsons and for enterprise( and many,many others ),although the programme obviously cannot be viewed.

But no series link for them with the Irish card or any programme on Sky one.

mm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i have never seen series links on sky one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 m!ke

Sligthly off topic.. but I've got an entry in my personal planner
    that has the series link indicator but no channel or time information associated with it (the channel part is empty the time part has something laong the lines of 04012/12:00) . And I can't delete it!
    I've been ignoring it up until recently but every so often it I now get a message syaing the personal planner is full and I should delete some entries even though theres nothing there but this one entry. Is there any way to purge the personal planner completely so that I can get rid of this annoyance once and for all ?

• Advertisement

You should be able to purge it by doing a forced software download.
    - plug out digibox
    -press and hold the back up button on the front panel of your box(not the remote)
    -while still holding in the back up button plug the box back in.
    -hold back up button untill all led lights are on on the front panel of the box,then release

Wait up to ten minutes,and if you're connected to the tv by scart there will be a message telling you to do that.
    Then power up the box and see if the pp has cleared.
    If not -phone Sky.
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Culchie Boy

Hi m!ke you sak you are having trouble erasing a programme from your personal planner . Try this remove your sky card from your digibox and turning off the power to it for 2 or 3 minutes, then turn it on without your sky card in the slot . the next time you tur it back on with the sky card inside in it the programme should not in your personal planner. Hope it works for you.

Advertisement