Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trouble with trimble

Options
  • 13-03-2002 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Do I need to get my hearing checked ?

Did I just hear on the wireless that David Trimble reffered to the Republic as secterian ? The Abortion Refferendum, the people, the government, everything, sectarian ?

Say it isnt so.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

ages ago infact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

well i aint heard much outside of the labs here in cit

but surely theres some kinda sane reason behind all this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

keep himself as leader of his party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

surely he has damaged relations with the republic ? along with alienating himself from the cause of the peace process ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Yes and no. This way he appears to be anti - United Ireland which lets him take on the DUP on a firmer footing- which is good for the peace process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lets test how pluralist and multi-ethnic NI is, lets all try and join the Orange Order, I sure because I was a Catholic at birth won't be held against me in such a ethopian paradise they have up there. Sure maybe we should all club together and head up :)

Gandalf.

(although they do have affordable broadband up there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Originally posted by Sand
    Yes and no. This way he appears to be anti - United Ireland which lets him take on the DUP on a firmer footing
    Yes. Criticizing us Mexicans will get him some points from the hardline UUP supporters, and possible prevent them voting for the DUP.

Advertisement