Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC 6 Music REMOVED from roi EPG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

Oh, For Crying Out Loud!!!!

Can't say I didn't expect it, but FFS!
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why do they taunt us so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

What a farce.

I'm not even going to comment, why waste any more breath frustrating ourselves with these sado-masochist people who make these decisions.

Next subject, please!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Did you ever get the feeling that they roped us in and now are switching it off!!

Presumably, they are so busy down in Skyland that only now are they realising that the BBC haven't paid them for the position in the Irish EPG.
    How much would that position be anyway €10 million?:rolleyes:
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by David C
    reception@bbc.com
    6music@bbc.com??
    Anyone know that BBC worldwide address that somebody got a very good reply off??

Time, I think to put the Campaign thread as a sticky....

Those BBC addresses look wrong.

reception@bbc.co.uk is correct.

There is a forum on the BBC 6 Music website http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/ at http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?&board=6music

But be careful, we still have it in other channels, and we dont want to lose that option.... remember ITV?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Yea... sorry about that... just typed .com in a rush.

I still don't believe that the BBC are going to encrypt their music radio stations... ITV were already encrypted, but were just switched on for Irish cards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I don't think the BBC will either, David, but just in case! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

Just been thinking about the whole radio thing, and there is one important distinction between the 'terrestrial' radio services and the 'terrestrial' TV services. That being the difference between FTA and FTV. While FTV channels are designed to 'include' only those with 'rights' (i.e. the right card), FTA channels are supposed to be available to all as long as reception is possible.

So while I understand the logic in blocking UK services that are FTV to viewers in Ireland without the right to view, I cannot understand why there is any need to block FTA channels.

If you pull out your card or stop your subscription to Sky, you will get BBCs 1-4 and 6.

This is an excellent example of how we are paying Sky to remove choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i would love to know who removed this excellent station from the EPG. the BBC or Sky. my suspicions lie with Sky. why do those money grabbing pricks do this. are they trying to tease us or something. i had a sizeable increase in my subscription last year with a letter saying more channels will be joining. they have given us channels alright, lots of FTA shopping channels and a PPV F1 service. a brilliant radio station joined the EPG and they take it off. what are they spending that increase in the subscription on? that is what i want to know. give us BBC radio at least. they are all except for 2 channels FTA. my money better not be spent exclusively on Sky Active which i will not use when it becomes available :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally poste by Genghis:
    This is an excellent example of how we are paying Sky to remove choice.
    Agreed, thats exactly what you do when you pay for a sky subscription.
    Because aparently when it come to Radio they are treating the UK and Irish EPG's as two different platforms.
    If the Broadcaster wants to stump up the cash for the convenience of being on the Irish EPG-then we have it.
    If not... :(

I've been listening to BBC 6 in the background here since late morning and I have to say it is Excelent :)
    I'd have it on the road with me if I could.

It must p**s off the other broadcasters who are advertising funded to see BBC 6 there with no add breaks and plenty of wall to wall good music.
    Thats going to bring on the listeners at their expense....the Irony is their license is subsidising fairly formidable competion.
    mm

• Advertisement
Advertisement