Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture break up ...

Options
  • 13-03-2002 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Does anyone know how much a dish would have to move before you get a patchy picture. I just got back from a weekend away and my picture was frozen. I rebooted system but my picture was really blocky and kinda stuttering. I was talking with friends and they said there it was pretty windy over the weekend in Dublin. I got out the ladder and checked the dish which seems to be securely placed. After trying to move the dish slighty (I don't think it moved at all !!) I checked my picture and it seems fine. I'm just wondering know was it the slightest of touches that got my picture back or is my digibox playing silly buggers. I would have thought that you would have a couple of degrees of margin to get a picture or is it a presise alignment ????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

If your signal quality is high then pixelation should not occur, but even lately on our Grundig box we loose Kerrang/Magic and Fox and my dish i can guarentee you is pretty much alinged as good as i could get it.

Remember Squgi boxs dont have good packet filtering, so any rubbish in a mpeg stream will stuff it up.

what channels does it oocur on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dec

It was on them all. When I first turned on the tv the screen was black with a vertical line on the left (it looked as if the entire picture was squashed into that space) After the reboot I tried a number of different channels on the epg and all had the same problem. After fiddling with the dish all returned to normal. I was trying to use the signal strenth indicator as I was on the ladder (I can see in my window) Nothing changed so I decided to giveup and ring Sky. When I went in and tried a channel all was ok. Although in saying that I tried tv3 on 'other channels' and that still seems a little patchy.
    Will the slightest movement (ie one degree) cause this problem ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

The slightest movement not always(it could be for the better), but constant movement yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i got the picture buzzing once before and a reboot didnt solve it, but i hit tv then one of the analogue stations and then went back to sky and it was fixed??????

it hasnt happened since though, touch wood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Digiboxes are indeed strange and mysterious things.

My brother had a problem with picture break-up and was told that it was due to static build-up on the connections at the back. So every now and again he has to disconnect the scart cable, reconnect it, and everything is hunky dory.

A bit of a drag if you have to do it too often.

• Advertisement

Dec, get that digibox, replaced under warranty,insist on this if it's under 12 months old.
    My brother had the exact same problem and that was what he did:) no problems since :)

Insist on a panasonic dsb30 too:D
    Hit murdock where it hurts-you're entitled too:mad:
    Plus you get a new box which is yours in less than 12 months.
    One month if you're 11 months in:D
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dec

I know shag all about digiboxes but I gather from your enthusiasm that this model is the dogs bollox - so whats the chance of those generous people at sky agreeing to hand one over ???

Advertisement