Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Soccer Team

Options
  • 13-03-2002 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the politics board. I've no politiavl leaning what so ever.

I have been over on the sports board and started a thread on an All-Ireland Soccer team. As this has a huge political side i thoughts you s might be interested

Anyway here is my last post on the sports board. It is a reply to someone who was against the idea

Thanks

Why not
    woosaysdan,

Do you remenber, the Berlin Wall. When that came down the had to combine the two germanys, and what do ye know the manage to combine the two teams. Absolutely amazing!

1. there would be a big row over who would manage the team

Same as any other team, the board/commitee/ suits picks one

2. who playing for n.ire would we want in da republic??? Neil Lennon maybe!!!

If there is only one team EVERYONE would want to play for them

3. what stadium would we play in both Landsdowne road & windsor park are ****holes!!!

England are playing there internationals all over England. Maybe we could SHARE

4. we dont want their fans!!!

For WE, I think you me I. Speak for yourself

5. the national anthem. which one???

Who cares! Most of the republic lads dont know it anyway

6. what about the jersey!!!

How about a GREEN Jersey

By the way has anyone ever heard of offical responses on why the FAI amd IFA cant get a team together?

Has anyone ever asked them?

Maybe we could start a petition.

Anyone any thoughts?

C'mon Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by manonthemoon

I have been over on the sports board and started a thread on an All-Ireland Soccer team. As this has a huge political side i thoughts you s might be interested

I'm not sure there are any political ramifications at all.

Last time I checked, there was an Irish International Rugby Team.

Ergo, there is no political reason there cant equally be an Irish International Soccer Team.

After that, its down to the sports bodies themselves, which is not a political issue.

I'm open to correction, but I'm guesing this belongs on the sports board after all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sports board of which country????????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Sports board of which country

Well I'm guessing he might just be referring to the "Sports board" on boards.ie. Although we sometimes describe DeVore as a dictator, boards.ie is in fact not an independent nation - yet.

By the way, are you aware that your "?" key appears to be malfunctioning?

Advertisement