Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with an unwanted digibox?

Options
  • 12-03-2002 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Anyone got a suggestion for what to do with an unwanted digibox, remote & Irish viewing card?

The situation is: I'm selling my house (which has Sky Dig) and moving with the girlfriend (who also has Sky Dig ;) ), so we don't need the 2nd digibox.

Question is -

1) I've had Sky for over a year now, so is it true to say I "own" the box now & can do what I want with it?

2) I know I could set the 2nd box up in the new house to watch 2 separate channels, but is this a hassle to do? (How expensive or fiddly is it to install a new LNB etc.? And will I have to pay 2 Sky subscriptions?)

3) If I decide not to use the 2nd digibox, is it something that I could flog? If so what's the going rate??

It's a silver Grundig box, just over a year old, perfect working order. Includes remote & Irish card like I said. :)

Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭redzer007

they go for about 80stg on ebay.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Not without a FTV card. Worthless otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Genghis

Originally posted by Bond-James Bond
    Not without a FTV card. Worthless otherwise

Worthless until RTE go on. I wouldn't sell yet. Wait to see what way RTE becomes FTV on Sky. You then have a much more interested market - Irish Ex-pats in UK and Northern-Europe.

Advertisement