Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fury as CIRA Marches through Bogside (Derry News Report)

Options
  • 11-03-2002 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

We're publishing the report as is. We do not accept the terminology:

DERRY NEWS – Thursday March 7, 2002 – Reporter Mark Mullan

‘Bradley witnessed illegal display’

Fury as CIRA Marches through Bogside

DUP Policing Board member William Hay has questioned the apparent inaction of the police after suspected members of the Continuity IRA’s youth wing – in full paramilitary uniform –marched through the Bogside on Sunday.

Councillor Hay told the Derry News that a number of people had contacted him after the paramilitary ‘show of strength’ took place at a commemoration for veteran Derry republican Séan Keenan.

The three man colour party marched down Fahan Street as wreaths were laid by Keenan’s relatives and by members of Republican Sinn Féin – who are reportedly linked to the CIRA.

The trio were all masked and wore paramilitary-style uniforms bearing the words “Fianna Éireann” – the traditional name of the IRA’s youth wing.

... Meanwhile, it has been reported that Deputy Chairman of the Policing Board, Derry man Denis Bradley witnessed the parade after being caught up in traffic jams caused by it. Mr. Bradley was unavailable for comment last night.

A spokesman for the PSNI in Derry said that they had received no complaints in relation to the parade.

[Image removed - Gandalf]

Irish Republican Bulletin Board

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK I left the last post as is. But I am now warning you. This is not a forum for you to fire up press releases. We expect people to discuss issues here. Either you enter into this spirit or I will delete any further "press releases".

I will not have this forum turned into a soap box for regurgitated republican press releases.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Fianna Eireann

Fair enough. We're just getting used to the rules of this board. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

...although for a laugh you should all check out the Irish Republican Bulletin Board! It's hilarious - there's one person there saying the IRA are not a terrorist organisation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

i think im not the only one here who says this but whats CIRA and why should i care. is it really that big a deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

CIRA - Continuity IRA...i think there linked with the political part the 32 County Sovernity. A bunch of nutters, dangerous ones at that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

CIRA - Continuity IRA...i think there linked with the political part the 32 County Sovernity. A bunch of nutters, dangerous ones at that

No, the CIRA are the paramilitary wing of Republican Sinn Fein, whom it is obvious Fianna Eireann is a member of.

The Real IRA are the paramilitary wing of the 32 County Sovereignty Committee.

Both are complicit in the Omagh bombing according to recent reports:

http://62.17.153.131/action.asp?id=11918&news_id=headline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

im allways stured by the bavery of the ira, pissing themselves that they may be held accountable for their actions.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Interesting. I was born a catholic in Belfast. My mother walked through barricades (while in labour) to get to a hospital to have me. The big men of the IRA didnt lift a finger to help.

My father and the community he lived in decided they wouldnt pander to hatred and refused to segregate. He housed people in the local school, nationalist and unionist alike. The IRA told my father if he didnt turn away unionists there would be trouble. Later his car was found on a bombing list. We moved south.
    My uncle was burned out of his house.

You arent welcome here.

I'm not going to ban you , or even edit your crap because you'd like that. I'm going to be standing here refuting every ****ing lie you post. I'm going to make fun and a mockery of your idiotic, last millenium, low IQ, hate mongering. And I'm very good at it.

I think you'll find most people here are clever... bright enough to see through your propaganda. This isnt a good recruiting ground for you so go back where you came from because you arent welcome on my boards or on my island.

Tom Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

This might seem a stupid question but dont fianna eireann have a website of their own to spout their propeganda.
    Fair enough. We're just getting used to the rules of this board. Thanks.

how many members of fianna eireann does it take to post on a message board. and isnt there a sticky thread with the rules at the top of the list of topics.

I would refer to the members of this fianna eireann group as (what would be referred to in the after hours forum) as "scangers"

either go back to school or get jobs for yourselves.

You say your organisation was founded by Countess Markavetz (spelling)

Im not well up on history i admit but i do recall that she wasnt afraid to show her face.

I imagine she would be turning in her grave if she saw the direction an organisation she founded taking the direction you are.

Edit: To the moderators of this forum I dont have a problem with you deleting my message but its people like these make my blood boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by fcddunne
    To the moderators of this forum I dont have a problem with you deleting my message but its people like these make my blood boil.

Given the stance out illustrious leader has chosen to take, I think it wis incumbent on me to allow others to take the same stance. Ergo, no more edits or deletions.

For now.

jc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by ReefBreak
    ...although for a laugh you should all check out the Irish Republican Bulletin Board! It's hilarious - there's one person there saying the IRA are not a terrorist organisation!

I don't think it's hilarious, I thought it was fúckin scary! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I agree I think that their bulletin board is scary and sad. The fact that these people think they are fighting for us is pathetic. They are actually ignoring the wishes of the majority of Irish people for a peaceful existance, they are in fact facists.

Gandalf.

Advertisement