Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada visa via british visa

Options
  • 10-03-2002 4:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hey,

I want to travel to canada at the end of the summer. I was going to get a student visa but I had no cash at the time. I have since came into a bit of cash but all the student ones are gone now.
    So I was wondering is there any other way I could get there?
    I have looked at the embassy site and it seems that u need a job offer first before you can go over.
    A couple of people have told me about a certain way of doing it.
    They said that a person whose parents or grandparents were born in ireland before 1949 can apply for a british passport(citizenship?). Then, because Canada is part of the commonwealth, I would be able to travel to Canada without a promise of work. This sounds to me, first of all, too good to be true, and secondly, a bit dodgy. Has anyone any experience with this sort of thing? I don't plan on spunging of the gov over there...I will have a degree in Computer Systems and I reckon I should be able to get some job. At least as good of chance of getting one here anyway.

Anyways, any comments/suggestions?

Thanks.

Advertisement