Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Method of Obtaining ITV1 ???

Options
  • 07-03-2002 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

UTV and ITV were taken away from Rep of Irl viewers a couple of weeks ago !!!!

Imagine my suprise when I visited my neighbour and he had ITV1 London - West County, Basically the Add in channels when you key in 10832 H 22.0 5/6.

The Installation was put in about 1.5 weeks ago.

The installer asked if he wanted ITV and put it in. The only draw back is that BBC1 and BBC2 are listed on the EPG but you are unable to view these 2 channels.

Unfortunately my neighbour didn't pay attention when the installation was being done!!

I have checked the setup of my neighbours and myown (incl. Installer setup) and they appear identical.

Does anyone have any info on this new method of obtaining ITV1???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just tried it. It adds 5 variations of ITV, but "This programme is not available" on all of them....

Worth a try !! ;)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 alfa

Dave,

looking through the other treads, there appears to be others who can receive it or were not cut off !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,688 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

As I'm not at home right now I can't check this, but the bit that Alfa mentioned where BBC1 & 2 are listed on the EPG but cannot be viewed reminded me of a similar situation where Sky One did the same on me after tryin to tune in Fox News (before it came on the EPG).

When I tried to tune in Fox, I kept getting "No Signal" so it was suggested that I "turn off the 22KHz Command" in the Installers Menu - this worked and I was able to add Fox News, but I then noticed that Sky One was blank afterwards - however, after going BACK into the menu and turning the "22Khz Command" on, I was able to receive both again :)

Soooo....maybe what the installer did was turn off that Command, add ITV but then forgot to turn it back on afterwards?

Of course, this is all speculation, but I'll try this when I get home and post back with the results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Brian OD

Did you try this?

Can somebody tell me how to get into the installers menu so that I can try it myself.

BTW before somebody replies: check the archives it's been done to death - or whatever. In the time it took to write that reply, you could have given the answer. I'm new here and haven't the time to search the archives. Those answers annoy me when I see them on boards and NGS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Go into set-up mode. Instead of pressing 1 re Picture, press zero one, then select for the instal screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭irishgeo

it deos not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

The 22khz thing is just to control the LNB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

could the people with ITV still active try Channel 4 and Channel 5 and see if they work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 alfa

Spoke to sky customer service

Enquired about the ability to tune in ITV1 still in ROI and was told that whilst it still was possible they would not reveal how.

(As mentioned on previous treads, BBC1 & 2 are on the EPG but u are unable to view them)

The girl from C/S said that this method would be blocked very shortly.

Pressed on when ITV / UTV might appear in the ROI on SKY, I was informed that as far as Sky was concerned that discussions were complete at present and that it would not be appearing on SKY in ROI.

Advertisement